Local Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Expert, USAID Azerbaijan MEL Mechanism, Azerbaijan
SI is developing a proposal response to USAID/Azerbaijan for the anticipated MEL Mechanism. The goal of the project is to create rigorous MEL systems to strengthen USAID/Azerbaijan’s evidence-based decision making that would enhance USAID’s development objectives in Azerbaijan. Please note that this posting is in anticipation of a contract that has not yet been awarded. Upon award, the period of performance is expected to last five years.
SI is seeking a full-time Local Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Expert to support and provide technical assistance on MEL tasks under the Mechanism.
**Please note: This is a local position. Only candidates with Azeri citizenship will be considered.**
- In collaboration with the Chief of Party, assist with the development, implementation and reporting of MEL support activities tasks, to include perception surveys, key informant interviews, focus groups, and observable indicators.
- Contribute to drafting and reviewing of monitoring activities, including data collection instruments, PMP development, MEL plan development.
- Contribute to drafting of evaluation scopes of work, evaluation designs, oversight of evaluation teams, and development of evaluation tools.
- Facilitate learning sessions, communities of practice and other CLA requests to include regular partner meetings, sharing of data findings, and recommendations for integration of CLA into project and strategy implementation.
- Conduct and plan trainings on MEL to meet USAID standards.
- Bachelor’s degree in a social science, management, organizational development, international relations, or a related field; Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of eight years of experience in monitoring, evaluation and learning (MEL) on international development projects or with donor agencies.
- Knowledge of monitoring and evaluation methods and designs.
- Understanding of USAID Evaluation Policy and regulations.
- Must have exceptional organizational, analytical, writing, and presentation skills.
- Understanding of USAID’S Collaborating, Learning, and Adapting (CLA) framework, or experience with facilitating workshops, creating learning agendas, implementing adaptive management, and similar activities.
- Prior experience building the capacity of and coordinating with the government of Azerbaijan on MEL activities preferred.
- Experience working with Azeri private sector entities preferred.
- Experience serving in similar positions on USAID contracts preferred.
- Fluency in written and verbal English required.
Come join our energetic and innovative team! We offer you the opportunity to play a leading role in the growth of our company, work as part of a creative and committed team, and make a difference in the well-being of our world.
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.
About the Organization
Social Impact is a global development management consulting firm. We provide monitoring, evaluation, strategic planning, and capacity building services to advance development effectiveness. We work across all development sectors including democracy and governance, health and education, the environment, and economic growth. Since 1997 we have worked in over 100 countries for clients such as US government agencies, bilateral donors, multilateral development banks, foundations, and nonprofits.