Chemonics seeks a local/regional supply chain specialist to provide team support for the anticipated Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria (the Global Fund) In-Country Tuberculosis (TB) Supply Chain Diagnostic (SCD) in Bangladesh. This 13-week assessment will review and assess the current state of Bangladesh’s public health care supply chain, specifically TB warehousing and distribution; identify the root causes driving this state; and call out areas where a transformative project would lead to sustainable and impactful change. All team members will be expected to travel to Bangladesh. The anticipated award date is December 2018. Interested candidates should demonstrate core expertise in areas such as TB, supply chain management, and global health systems strengthening. This includes forecasting and quantification; warehousing and inventory management; transportation and distribution; logistics management information systems; data visibility, stock security, and traceability; human resources for logistics; pharmaceutical supply chain mapping; procurement and sourcing; and/or supply chain development and modeling. The local/regional supply chain specialist will be supervised by the senior project manager and work with a team to map in-country supply chain processes. This individual will liaise with various political and public health organizational partners and stakeholders to ensure accurate reporting of the technical challenges faced in-country. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Degree in in supply chain, pharmacy or related field; master’s degree preferred
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in TB and/or supply chain system strengthening
- Deep technical, political, organizational understanding of supply chain in Bangladesh or Asia.
- Experience achieving results in low-resource settings
- Experience supporting Global Fund activities or other similar international organizations strongly preferred
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Excellent English language communication, writing, and visual presentation skills (PowerPoint)
Please submit your application to https://chemonics_nb.formstack.com/forms/bangladesh_tb_scd by Friday, November 9, 2018. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
About the Organization
Owned entirely by employees, Chemonics is an ISO-9001 certified international development company. For more than 40 years, we have partnered with local and international organizations to promote social and economic change around the world.