Chemonics seeks a logistics & transport manager for the anticipated $15 million USAID-funded Adapting and Modifying Optimized Sample Transport Routes for Achieving Impact (AMOSTRA) activity based in Maputo, Mozambique. The project aims to provide an effective and efficient transportation system for laboratory specimens including viral load (VL) for HIV patients on antiretroviral therapy (ART), HIV Early Infant Diagnosis (EID) and Tuberculosis (TB) specimens. AMOSTRA will expand access to viral load monitoring, EID and TB testing by competitively engaging transporters, including both private sector and community-level transporters, to operate a cost- effective specimen referral system.
The logistics & transport manager will work with the chief of party in providing technical direction to establishing an effective and efficient logistics system for laboratory specimens including viral load (VL) for HIV patients on antiretroviral therapy (ART), HIV Early Infant Diagnosis (EID) and Tuberculosis (TB) specimens at the last mile. This position is contingent upon successful award. We are seeking individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Provide strategic guidance, technical oversight, and direction for the development and implementation of innovative strategies to improve logistics, delivery rates, specimen transport, and transportation networks; build capacity of private sector partners, and improve the turn-around times at the health facility level
- Lead project activities in reporting, monitoring, coordinating, and continuous quality improvement of specimen transport at the central and regional levels.
- Assist the chief of party to periodically evaluate project progress against the work plan and budget, identify issues and risks related to timely implementation, and undertake appropriate interventions to meet work-plan objectives and client requests
- Design and implement systems that will facilitate effective and efficient receipt, transport, testing, and delivery of VL, EID and TB specimen, shortening turnaround times
- Manage project operations in logistics and transportation
- Collaborate with key stakeholders like the government of the Republic of Mozambique (GRM), the Department of Clinical Laboratories (DCL), and counterparts in the private sectors to build the capacity and sustainability of transportation networks
- Provide technical expertise in areas such as supply chain strengthening and management, forecasting and quantification, 3PL management, human resources for supply chain, quality assurance, warehousing, distribution, and electronic logistics management information systems
- Ensure the success of key performance indicators like delivery rates
- Bachelor’s degree in International Business, Transportation or Logistics or at least 10 years of experience in managing logistics operations
- Minimum of three years of logistics experience-preferably in a transportation planning role or operational cross-docking environment
- Experience with transportation management, outsourcing, performance management, cost optimization, and transportation safety management
- Leadership experience in supporting transportation teams
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and communication skills
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Fluency in Portuguese is required, Proficiency in English is preferred
Please complete an application and submit CV and cover letter at: https://ghdrecruit.formstack.com/forms/mozambique_amostra_recruit by November 2, 2020. Applicants will be considered on a rolling basis. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted. If you have any issues with the form please reach out to email@example.com.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
Chemonics values the protection of your personal data. If you are in the European Union, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process personal data. You may access the notice via the following link: https://chemonics.com/eu-recruiting-data-privacy-notice/.
About the Organization
Owned entirely by employees, Chemonics is an ISO-9001 certified international development company. For more than 40 years, we have partnered with local and international organizations to promote social and economic change around the world.
Chemonics International is a leading international development consulting firm based in Washington, D.C. with more than 40 years of experience implementing programs around the world.