‘This position can be hired at a Manager or Senior Manager level’.
Do you want your work to matter? Do you want to use your skills to make a difference, not just a living? Do you want to improve millions of lives, including your own?
Living Goods works to reinvent how we improve the lives of the under-served. We think big but operate small and nimble. We train community health workers to bring life-saving products and health services to families’ doorsteps. Services like prenatal assessments and well-baby visits. Products like medicines, fortified foods, and modern contraceptives.
We also empower community health workers through mobile phones. We teach them how to detect and treat common illnesses like pneumonia, malaria, malnutrition, and diarrhea. We develop smart phone apps to guide home visits and create predictive algorithms to make the best use of community health workers’ time. And we test new cool tools like paperless referrals to clinics and biosensors to monitor infant and child growth.
At Living Goods, you will have the chance to apply your ideas and creativity at work every day. If you work well in a dynamic collaborative culture, set high standards, and meet challenges with determination and a sense of humor, you’ll thrive here at Living Goods.
We are seeking a highly capable and motivated Manager of Foundation and Corporate Relations to serve as a key member of our fundraising team. You will be responsible for identifying, cultivating, and engaging a range of stakeholders to join us on our journey, with a focus on foundations and corporate donors. This role is about more than just securing financial support— we are looking for an individual who can develop opportunities to maximize our impact. This means experimenting with new fundraising strategies or mechanisms, developing key partnerships, and transforming the way we engage across our team and with our community of supporters. The position will report to the Director of Development, based in Washington, DC, and will also work closely with other fundraising team members and program staff in San Francisco and East Africa.
You will thrive in this role if….
You understand how to pick up on nuances, adjust your messaging, and craft the right story to win hearts and minds. You understand how to employ different strategies for different audiences. You have a keen eye for finding the overlap between organizational priorities and funders’ interests and know how to align them to create mutually beneficial partnerships.
You know how to manage up, down, and sideways to coordinate winning proposals. You drive proposal processes forward by anticipating next steps, getting the information and input you need, and keeping everyone on track to meet the deadline. Importantly, you are always looking for ways to improve the proposal writing process to be even more efficient and effective.
You thrive in an entrepreneurial environment. You’re resourceful and at ease with ambiguity and rapid change. You possess a positive, can-do attitude, and are adept at identifying creative solutions to obstacles. You can juggle many important responsibilities at once and you’re rigorous about prioritizing.
You want to learn and grow with us. You actively seek feedback and are adept at integrating it into your work. You’re excited to take on new projects and learn new skills and always have an eye out for professional development opportunities. Living Goods is an organization quickly growing and changing where opportunities for growth and advancement are available to those who excel. We are expanding our business development team over the next few years and are looking for someone who is interested in building a career with us in the long term.
- Take ownership of a portfolio of existing and prospective corporate and foundation donors; refine, craft and implement engagement strategies in order to secure new and increased funding to meet Living Goods’ annual funding targets.
- Lead and coordinate the creation of proposals, liaising between our finance, leadership, and country technical teams to create well-crafted, winning concept notes and funding proposals.
- Facilitate strategic decision making on donor funding and partnership opportunities to pursue.
- Where appropriate, attend industry conferences, meetings and briefings to build relationships with key donors.
- Ensure that the CEO, Executive Director and Director of Business Development are poised to steward and enhance relationships with core funders to maintain and grow their support.
- Monitor grant opportunities and conduct pipeline forecasting and donor surveillance to track the release of opportunities.
- Liaise with the grant writer and communications team to create and update partner communications and collateral.
- Manage grant reporting requirements. Draft reports when needed and work closely with the grant writer, finance, M&E team and BD Associate on impact and financial reporting.
- Contribute to the overall strategy of Living Goods as a key member of the growing business development team.
- BA required.
- 6+ years of experience in fundraising/business development.
- A desire and ability to help grow the business development department in a rapidly expanding and fast-paced global organization.
- Exceptional research, writing and communication skills. An ability to develop clear and convincing materials, attentive to nuance and your audience.
- Experience in or passion to learn about international development, global health and/or social enterprise preferred.
- Significant experience in developing outreach and relationship-building strategies and implementing plans to achieve them.
- Demonstrated experience managing proposal teams and processes and producing deliverables under tight deadlines and at exceptional quality.
- Experience with budgeting and financial reporting preferred.
- Willingness to travel regionally and internationally.
A competitive salary and benefits package commensurate with experience including health insurance and bonus opportunity.The opportunity to be your best while making lives better for those in need.
Living Goods is an equal opportunity employer and will consider every qualified applicant for employment. Living Goods does not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, national origin, ancestry, religion, gender, sexual orientation or disability.
Our current job openings are displayed on our website, where you can search for open positions and apply directly. Living Goods does not offer any positions without an interview and never asks candidates for money. If you are asked for money, we strongly recommend that you do not respond and do not send money or personal information.