Particip is looking for an experienced Media Relations and Event Management Expert to join a team of experts in the provision of innovative strategic communications and public relations services to the Federal Government of Somalia, Ministry of Finance.
The project will be expected to deliver, at a minimum, the following:
- Design a strategic communications plan for the Ministry regarding effective management of communication issues and opportunities within the reforms.
- Develop and publish targeted information about the economic and financial reforms policies, programs and services on a quarterly basis.
- Deliver high quality and inclusive national events to raise awareness of economic reforms, particularly, revenue generation, budgeting and expenditure across Federal Member States; An event every 6 months is required.
- Organize international stakeholder engagement events to raise awareness with the Diaspora and to mobilize resources for government priorities in major cities.
- Monitor and advise on Ministry website management and content.
Position: Media Relations and Event Management Expert
Expected project duration: 18 months
Place of posting: Somalia
Expected start date: April 2020
Duties: Media relations and event management expert is responsible for developing and maintaining internal and external media relations, provide media relations plans, writing press releases and news reports about the project work, monitor media coverage, Organizing and conducting public events that will discuss the economic reforms and public finance management, coordinate technical aspects, provide advice and support to the project team, liaise with the media, organize meetings and develop press contacts.
- At least a minimum of 10 years’ Experience.
- Degree in communications or journalism.
- Good experience in media relations and event management and the ability to build effective messages that resonate with the audiences.
- Technically excellent in planning and developing strategies, good relationship with local and international media.
- Highly proficient in spoken and written Somali and English.
- Strong interpersonal skills and networking are very essential.
We look forward to your application. Please note that only candidates suitable to this position will be contact.
Please submit your application directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
About the Organization
Particip is an international consulting company in the field of international development cooperation. We coordinate interdisciplinary, multi-national teams for short and long term assignments worldwide supporting them with methodological know-how and expertise gained in over 1,800 projects. For further information please visit our website on www.particip.de