- Purpose and Scope of Assignment
UNOPS is seeking a highly motivated and dynamic Monitoring & Evaluation Specialist to support and strengthen RREP Monitoring and Evaluation work stream, managing the impact measurement of the Rural Renewable Energy Project in Sierra Leone.
The Monitoring &Evaluation (M&E) specialist is required to have a thorough understanding of the applicable Partner results framework and have demonstrated experience in implementing M&E systems in complex development projects. The successful candidate will be responsible for reviewing, updating, and the operationalization of the M&E system for the project including supervision of M&E consultants and contractors on the project.
The M&E work stream of the project would rely on a number of stakeholder inputs for its successful delivery, managing tight timeline and budget. The Monitoring & Evaluation Specialist will report to the Deputy Project Manager, RREP
- Supervise, plan, coordinate, and support the activities and operations of the M&E work package of the RREP project. Act as a team leader for the M&E Work Package
- Manage consultants and contractors on the project monitoring and evaluation work package.
- Ensure that UNOPS Sierra Leone’s RREP project is monitored and evaluated to a high standard, enabling UNOPS and its partners to report on results and impact.
- Advice on, and supervise the impact and outcome assessment surveys and other data collection methods. Ensure the data collection methods are in line with the objectives agreed in the project log frame.
- Work with partners in the development and finalization of project specific Monitoring and Evaluation frameworks and tools, and providing technical assistance to the effective analysis and use of data;
- Drawing on monitoring and analysis of key programme performance indicators, provide inputs to management reports.
- Provide technical guidance on setting up gender and equity focused programme monitoring systems/tools and oversee their further development. This may include field monitoring, third party monitoring (TPM) - including the management of contracts and community-based monitoring and feedback mechanisms.
- Undertake lessons-learned reviews on successful and unsuccessful practices and experience, and ensure they are shared as appropriate. Similarly, pay attention and contribute to P&M and evaluation networks to identify innovations and lessons learned that may be relevant for the Country Office (CO) and partners to improve their PM functions.
- Networking and information sharing with relevant organizations and evaluation associations in Sierra Leone and abroad, especially those working in the field of international development and rural electrification.
- Liaise with external consultants hired by UNOPS, under guidance and as appropriate
Teamwork and effective and efficient management of resources
- Foster teamwork and space for innovation and creative thinking.
- Supervise external consultants and firms on contract, ensuring quality of work and value for money.
- Participate in corporate exercises that drive organizational maturity and operational excellence, and contribute to gender equality.
About the Organization
UNOPS is an operational arm of the United Nations, supporting the successful implementation of its partners’ peacebuilding, humanitarian and development projects around the world. Our mission is to help people build better lives and countries achieve sustainable development.
UNOPS areas of expertise cover infrastructure, procurement, project management, financial management and human resources.
Working with us
UNOPS offers short- and long-term work opportunities in diverse and challenging environments across the globe. We are looking for creative, results-focused professionals with skills in a range of disciplines.
With over 4,000 UNOPS personnel and approximately 7,000 personnel recruited on behalf of UNOPS partners spread across 80 countries, our workforce represents a wide range of nationalities and cultures. We promote a balanced, diverse workforce — a strength that helps us better understand and address our partners’ needs, and continually strive to improve our gender balance through initiatives and policies that encourage recruitment of qualified female candidates.
Work life harmonization
UNOPS values its people and recognizes the importance of balancing professional and personal demands.