EnCompass seeks Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist candidates for an anticipated five-year monitoring and evaluation (ME) program in Venezuela and neighboring countries. The purpose of the Venezuela Monitoring and Evaluation Project (VMEP) is to establish a monitoring and evaluation support system to monitor, verify, and evaluate activities in Venezuela funded by USAID’s Bureau for Humanitarian Assistance (BHA). The program will increase BHA’s and its implementing partners’ (IPs) understanding of the outputs, outcomes, progress, quality, challenges, successes, performance, and lessons learned of projects funded by BHA in Venezuela. The Contractor will also actively work to strengthen its local implementers’ monitoring, reporting, and learning capacities.
The M&E specialist will provide the overall technical direction to the Contractor’s team on monitoring methodology and data analysis. They will be responsible for the design of the monitoring plan, data collection tools and other required deliverables.
The position will be full-time in Bogota, Colombia; Panama City, Panama, or San Jose, Costa Rica with potential travel to Venezuela.
Position Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead/manage evaluation, analysis, and assessment activities, including coordination and oversight of local partners engaged in these activities.
- Design quantitative and/or qualitative data collection and analytical methods and tools to support evaluation design and implementation.
- Liaise with the Chief of Party to inform the design of each study/evaluative activity and support quality assurance activities throughout each study, including the review of milestone deliverables and final reports prior to submission to USAID.
- Support the selection and engagement of local partners and experts for activities, and support team development, training, and execution of activities.
- Manage evaluation and task team leaders and provide quality control in the implementation of evaluations.
- Establish methodological processes and standards that are compliant with USAID Evaluation Policy for MEP staff to adhere to on project monitoring and evaluation activities.
- Employ strong collaboration, learning, and adapting (CLA) practices throughout the work, with an understanding of the USAID Program Cycle.
- Establish and maintain highly collaborative working relationships with in-country partners and USAID/BHA as required.
- Establish remote coordination systems with in-country partners, while ensuring the safe collection of data.
- Ensure that all activities are undertaken in full compliance with EnCompass’ standard operating procedures, USAID policies and regulations, and national policies and laws.
- Promote sustainability of project activities with effective networking, linkages to other programs, capacity building of project staff, and institutional strengthening in support of the journey to self-reliance.
- Ensure documentation and dissemination of findings, impact, innovations, and lessons learned.
- Engage fully as a member of the EnCompass staff team, including participating in staff meetings and other EnCompass events, and providing administrative support to other team members as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in international affairs, social science, or a related field. A master’s degree in international affairs, social science, statistics or a related field is highly desirable.
Experience and Skills
- The M&E specialist must have at least seven (7) years of progressively responsible experience related to the contract subject matter. Within the seven (7) years of experience, the M&E specialist should have at least two (2) years of experience managing teams and at least one (1) year of experience working in conflict zones or complex emergencies.
- The M&E specialist must have previous experience providing technical support to third party monitoring projects, M&E support projects, and/or large-scale evaluations.
- The M&E specialist must have previous experience conducting quantitative and qualitative field research in conflict zones or complex emergencies.
- Previous experience working on programs implemented in Venezuela is desirable.
- Previous experience implementing a USAID-funded program is desirable.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and Spanish, analytic skills, interpersonal skills, team management skills. Candidates with the ability to work and travel inside Venezuela is highly desirable.
How to Apply:
Please submit CV and cover letter, and complete the application on our website.
EnCompass LLC is a progressive Equal Opportunity Employer. We promote, celebrate, and support a diverse and inclusive organizational culture and workforce. We are committed to providing all of our employees with an environment free from discrimination and harassment, where all are treated with dignity and respect. We do not tolerate, and explicitly prohibit, discrimination or harassment of any kind, at any time, in all aspects of employment. This includes recruitment, hiring, promotions, disciplinary measures, terminations, compensation, benefits, social and recreational programs, and training. EnCompass also does not tolerate retaliation against individuals who report discrimination or harassment. Our continuing commitment to the principle of Equal Opportunity Employment for all means all employment decisions are based only on the job requirements, the candidate’s qualifications, and the needs of EnCompass as a business—not on race, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, belief, sex (including pregnancy and related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, disability status, veteran status, genetic information, HIV status, family/marital/parental status, or any other status protected by the laws and regulations in the jurisdictions where we work.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified.
About the Organization
EnCompass is a women-owned business offering innovative and customized solutions for leadership, capacity strengthening, technical assistance, and monitoring and evaluation. We have experience in more than 70 countries and a team of more than 100 staff and 1,200 experts around the globe.
We partner with government and multilateral agencies, nonprofit organizations, and corporations around the world, offering thought leadership, rich diversity, and technical expertise in global health, inclusive development, education, human rights, and food security.