Job DescriptionProject Overview:
The TB Platforms for Sustainable Detection, Care, and Treatment Activity is designed to improve decentralized TB health systems by bolstering health program components at the regional, province, city, municipal, and community levels. With appropriate planning, oversight, and supervisory systems in place, health facilities will improve the quality of health care and our team will achieve the following project aims: 1) families and communities adopt and improve healthy behaviors; 2) high-impact interventions are implemented at scale in the regions with the highest TB burden and other areas where the need for technical assistance is greatest; and 3) key local health systems are bolstered to facilitate efficient and optimal delivery of quality TB services. Position Overview:
The M&E Advisor will be the technical expert who will liaise with relevant advisors on health-related strategic information for activities related to bolstering the ability of health providers and institutions and community groups to monitor, document and analyze the performance of health services as a basis for accountability, advocacy and policy activities and safeguarding standards and quality of care. Job Description:
- Provide technical guidance and support to sub-awards in the design, execution, monitoring and evaluation of the effectiveness TB interventions. The M&E Advisor is expected to spend extensive time in the field working closely with project staff, health providers, community groups and other stakeholders to provide technical assistance and monitor and evaluate the project.
- Primary responsibility for establishing and maintaining systems to measure, compile, analyze and report activity data at all levels and across levels; ensuring that all activity interventions are designed with M&E plans and activities; comparing performance between US and non-US sites;
- Provide regular activity reports to USAID and for developing special reports as needed;
- Produce analysis of program data, identifying methods and together with the relevant Team Leader, to use results and provide recommendations for program improvement; and
- Building NTP capacity to gather and analyze data for program improvement at all levels.
- Responsible for review and adapt tools and create standardized tools and indicators to measure health facility and community-based interventions that capture relevant outcomes.
- Assist with designing interventions that build the capacity to buttress data collection, use and analysis of data and statistics in order to guide TB program implementation at the institution, facility and community levels.
Required Experience & Qualifications:
URC is an E-Verify Employer
- A Master’s degree in public health, epidemiology, monitoring & evaluation, demography, biostatistics, statistics, or a related field.
- Minimum of ten (10) years of work experience in establishing/designing M&E systems and tools and managing data-intensive health programs including use of gender-disaggregated data, for decision-making.
- Minimum four (4) years working on TB or other infectious disease programs.
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge in health programs to provide support and guidance to project staff, DoH officials, health providers, community organizations and other stakeholders on design, monitoring and evaluation and program quality management (both service and data quality).
- Experience with qualitative and quantitative M&E data collection and analysis methods, including tracking outcome indicators. Demonstrated ability to obtain, analyze, organize and interpret relevant data and use them to design or critique TB interventions. Experience building capacity of teams and stakeholders to analyze and interpret relevant data to improve program implementation.
- Demonstrated capacity to coordinate and execute evaluations and implementation/operations research, including experience developing terms of reference, recruiting, training, and managing a diverse team and analyzing and preparing data and final reports
URC is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We value and seek diversity in our workforce.
About the Organization
URC is a global company dedicated to improving the quality of health care, social services, and health education worldwide. With a non-profit affiliate, the Center for Human Services (CHS), URC manages projects in over 45 countries, including the United States.
Established in 1965, URC offers a range of technical assistance to strengthen health and social systems and service quality by empowering communities and health workers to identify and scale up locally appropriate solutions to critical problems. URC focuses on finding ways to deliver proven approaches to health care problems, applying quality improvement (QI) methods and conducting operations research to tailor those approaches to various settings. Recognizing implementation barriers unique to each setting, we train local managers and service providers to strengthen health systems, integrate system elements, and bring improvements to scale.
For immediate consideration, please visit URC’s Career Opportunities page at www.urc-chs.com/careers.
You must upload your CV/Résumé and your Cover Letter where indicated. Also, please complete your application form and attach a completed USAID Form 1420 Contractor Employee Biographical Data Sheet as well.
Due to the large number of inquiries we receive, only candidates who have met the required experience & qualifications for this position will be contacted. No phone calls please. However, since we are active around the world in the field of public health, we may wish to retain your CV in our database for other/future opportunities, unless you direct us otherwise. Thank you very much for your interest.
URC is an E-Verify Employer
URC is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
We value and seek diversity in our workforce.