Chemonics seeks a monitoring, evaluation and learning director for the anticipated USAID Frontier Health Markets award. Frontier Health Markets is a proposed suite of multiple activities with the objective of increasing private health sector contributions to advancing voluntary family planning and other health outcomes, including maternal, newborn and child health, malaria, TB, and HIV/AIDS in lower and middle income countries. This will be achieved through strategies and approaches to addressing key market constraints and barriers that inhibit the functioning of local markets in mixed health systems. Key results anticipated from this suite of activities include an improved market environment for greater private sector participation in the delivery of health products and services and improved equitable access to and uptake of quality consumer-drive health products and services. The MEL director will ensure oversight and implementation of the global learning agenda and all MEL support to core activities and country programs in collaboration with team leaders. The director will collaborate and work closely with all the Frontier Health Market activities and country buy-ins. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Provide leadership and oversight of MEL activities including routine process monitoring, data collection, data analysis, data quality, timeliness, and reporting
- Ensure MEL activities are in line with the USAID Evaluation Policy;
- Lead the design and operation of the program’s MEL systems to ensure standardization across country programs in indicators, data collection, and reporting
- Oversee the collection of and reporting on program management, output, and outcome indicators by the country programs
- Apply adaptive management strategies and facilitate learning activities to support staff to assess progress and continually refine programming;
- Lead the strategy and design of the program’s collaboration, learning and adaptation activities and oversee implementation
- Ensure the creation and dissemination of program learning through strategic communication
- Manage the program M&E team and provide technical support to core and in country teams
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as required
- A master’s degree or higher in statistics, research methods, information systems, or a related advanced degree
- At least eight years of experience of M&E systems development and implementation across multiple countries, including in fragile settings, and for complex projects (M&E systems for global projects preferred), with at least 5 years of experience on MEL for health projects
- In-depth knowledge and experience in USG reporting requirements
- Expertise in quantitative and qualitative methodologies, research, management information systems, reporting, data quality assessments, and data analysis and visualization
- Expertise in data analysis and using tools such as MS Excel, and statistical packages; experience with DHIS2 preferred
- Track record of progressive responsibility working at a senior manager level
- Fluent English oral and written communication skills is required
- Ability to interact professionally in a foreign language, especially French, is preferred, but not required
Please send an email with your CV and cover letter attached and “MEL director” in the subject line to FHMRecruitTeam@chemonics.com. We kindly request applications no later than February 1, 2021. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Chemonics will contact finalists.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
Chemonics values the protection of your personal data. If you are in the European Union, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process personal data. You may access the notice via the following link: https://chemonics.com/eu-recruiting-data-privacy-notice/.
About the Organization
Owned entirely by employees, Chemonics is an ISO-9001 certified international development company. For more than 40 years, we have partnered with local and international organizations to promote social and economic change around the world.
Chemonics International is a leading international development consulting firm based in Washington, D.C. with more than 40 years of experience implementing programs around the world.