Banyan Global is an international development consulting firm committed to improving livelihoods through market approaches for a broad and lasting impact. The firm operates seamlessly within six practice areas: health sector, finance and investment, enterprise development, gender, youth, and evaluation and learning.
Banyan Global is recruiting for an experience and skilled individual with expertise in the private health sector and provision of malaria products and services to work on a USAID-funded health sector project in Nigeria. The project supports the Government of Nigeria through its agencies at the federal, state, local government areas (LGA) and community levels to reduce under-five and maternal mortality by delivering quality services for management of malaria and its complications, and prevention of malaria during pregnancy and in under-five children.
Banyan Global is seeking a full-time Private Health Sector Advisor to support activities in Nasarawa State.
Tasks and Responsibilities
· Work in close coordination with the Program Manager at Banyan Global Home Office as well as the project leadership based in Abuja and in Nasarawa State;
· Support dissemination of national guidelines in the private sector through private sector provider associations;
· Participate in a private sector mapping exercise, reviewing and refining tools, collecting data, and participating in data analysis and drafting of findings and recommendations;
· Based on the findings of the private sector mapping exercise, work with state ministries of health to develop and implement a private sector engagement strategy;
· Work with the state ministry of health to improve the quality of malaria case management and reporting in selected private health facilities;
· Execute other tasks as needed and appropriate.
Education and Experience
· University degree in public health, health policy and planning, or other related field, with a post-graduate degree preferred;
· Direct relevant experience working with state-level government authorities as well as private health sector providers;
· Experience with projects or initiatives designed to improve the quality of malaria case management and reporting;
· Experience working on USAID projects;
· Experience working with the corporate sector on efforts to improve health outcomes is preferred.
Skills and Abilities
· Writing and communications – Ability to write high-level reports under a tight deadline. Excellent organizational, analytical, oral and written communications skills in English;
· Systems thinking – Ability to understand, affect, connect, and leverage various parts of a system while maintaining sight of the whole system;
· Listening – Ability to actively listen (i.e. seeks to understand, asks good questions, paraphrases, and is in tune with speaker’s emotional state);
· Political Acumen – Ability to maneuver through complex political situations, demonstrating an understanding of power relations and sensitivity to how people and organizations function;
· Problem Solving – Ability to weigh information and options to determine the most appropriate and high-impact solutions to complex challenges;
· Flexibility – Ability to expect the unexpected and adjust to what the situation now requires, rather than what was planned.
Banyan Global is an equal opportunity employer. Please apply to the position through our website: https://banyanglobal.com/careers/