As the National Director, you will lead the strategy and implementation of World Vision’s work in Myanmar, with the purpose of achieving sustained improvements in child well-being. To accomplish this, you will build strong relationships with external partners, while developing deep leadership capacity within the organisation. You will adhere to all relevant policies and standards, including program performance and financial accountability.
Critically, you will embody the values of World Vision, while contributing to the mission and vision of World Vision International.
World Vision Myanmar is currently carrying out development, disaster response and risk reduction programmes/projects in over 50 Townships in 13 of the 14 States and Regions. With over 680 staff and 5,000 volunteers, World Vision is reaching 5.4 million beneficiaries through our 32 longer-term Area Programs and over 50 grant-funded special projects
- Master’s degree or equivalent experience in an international development-related field.
- At least 10 years of experience leading humanitarian assistance and development programs.
- Expertise in raising funds across a variety of donors, including governments, foundations, corporations, and other private donors.
- Exemplary ability to develop effective working relationships in the Myanmar context.
- Fluent financial management skills.
- English fluency, some Burmese preferred.
- 25% international and domestic travel.
Is this the job for you?
World Vision is dedicated to our team members’ development and their success. We aspire for all employees to be fulfilled through their work and their contributions to an organisation working to provide long-term sustainable solutions to the world’s most vulnerable people.
Find the full responsibilities and requirements for this position online and apply by the closing date 10 JULY 2020. For more information on World Vision International, please visit our website: www.wvi.org.
Due to the number of applications received, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
About the Organization
The World Vision Partnership is a global community of people passionately committed to improving the lives and futures of the world’s most vulnerable children.
We believe that every child is a precious gift to the entire world and that their well-being concerns us all. We will not rest while children suffer in situations that can be changed. We are looking for people who share our beliefs and our passion.