Position Title: Note Taker (Local) – STTA
Reports to: Gender Expert (Local) - STTA
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
USAID/Nigeria is preparing to develop a new 2020 - 2025 Country Development Cooperation Strategy (CDCS) for Nigeria. The current CDCS is valid from 2014-2020. USAID/Nigeria requires a gender analysis to inform the development of a new CDCS, centered on the Journey to Self-Reliance principles.
The objective of the evaluation is to aid USAID/Nigeria to better understand the barriers to gender equality in Nigeria, what Nigeria and other donors are doing to address these barriers, and what gaps remain which are within the capacity of USAID/Nigeria to address. Specifically, potential remedies within the domains of the USAID/Nigeria Mission works: Health, Education, Peace and Democratic Governance, and Economic Growth.
The findings and recommendations of the gender analysis will also guide USAID/Nigeria in reflecting gender equality and female empowerment commitment in its CDCS Goal, Development Objectives, and Intermediate and Sub-Intermediate Results, and in better incorporating it into project design and implementation, and Collaboration, Learning and Adapting (CLA). The key stakeholders and the primary audience for the analysis results, will be USAID/Nigeria and USAID/Washington. At the same time, an approved version of the analysis will be accessible publicly to all interested parties in the development community and beyond.
DevTech Systems, Inc. (DevTech) is an international consulting firm dedicated to development, with 35 years of experience providing advisory services and technical assistance to government, private sector, and civil society stakeholders in more than 100 countries. DevTech core practice areas include: Economic and Data analysis, Monitoring and Evaluation, Education and Youth Development, Gender and Inclusive Development, and Public Financial Management. DevTech Systems, Inc. implements the Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) Activity. The Activity provides continuous, on-the-ground, on-demand and systematic support to USAID/Nigeria and implementing partners on performance monitoring, data verification, impact and performance evaluations, project and activity level monitoring, evaluation planning and management, organizational learning, capacity building, and knowledge management. DevTech is supporting USAID/Nigeria to implement the Gender Analysis/Assessment, hence seeking highly qualified Note Takers to support the Gender Summit; a key event of the Gender Assessment.
Period of Performance: February 11, 2020 – February 14, 2020
Level of Effort: 4 Days
- 1 day - Desk Review and Orientation;
- 2 days - Gender Summit; and
- 1 day - Consolidation of notes
- At least 3 years’ experience in similar scope of work (rapporteur/note taking).
- Proven ability to capture and produce detailed and clearly presented reports.
- Familiarity with public policies addressing gender and social inclusion gaps, gender-based violence, disability, and gender agendas and programs of the main development agencies in Nigeria.
- Able to work effectively as part of a team/ great team player.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- High attention to detail and ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines.
- Excellent oral, written, presentation and communications skills in English.
Job Description: Under the leadership of the Gender Assessment Team Lead and quality assurance from the MEL Management Staff, the three (3) Note Takers are expected to deliver on the following:
- Meet and become familiar with the Gender Summit facilitators, and understand the plan or strategy to be used to support the facilitators.
- Become familiar with the Gender Summit objectives and Gender Assessment SOW.
- Day of the Summit:
- Take detailed session notes as assigned by the Gender Summit Team Lead. Detailed notes include main issues discussed, conclusions/action items and recommendations. Notes are expected to be typed into PowerPoint templates for instant sharing/projection for discussion with a larger group or during panel session following breakdown sessions.
- Attend a debrief meeting with other note takes and Team Lead to consolidate summit notes and develop a summary report.
About the Organization
NOTE: This job posting should not be construed to imply that the requirements are the exclusive standards of the position nor will it be the sole basis for any subsequent consultant evaluations. Incumbents will follow any other instructions and perform any other related duties as may be required by their supervisor.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or other status protected by applicable law.