Office of Local Sustainability Program Assistant Position Description
Through ZemiTek’s LS-ISC contract, the Office of Local Sustainability (LS), within USAID’s Bureau for Economic Growth, Education and Environment, is seeking a Program Assistant to provide programmatic assistance and administrative support to key activities, including the Cooperative Development Program (CDP). Additionally, the Office is seeking additional administrative support and backstopping for improved coordination of technical areas. Applicants should have at least two years of international development experience. The most competitive candidates will have at least one year of experience working internationally with local institutions, cooperatives, or credit unions. The Office seeks applicants that are effective multitaskers, comfortable working in a highly-collaborative setting, and enthusiastic about locally led development. The Program Assistant will report directly to the Office Director but provide support to various members of the Office, particularly its Technical Excellence Team.
Administrative and Programmatic Backstopping: 50%
- Supports Agreement Officer Representative (AOR) in providing high-level guidance to implementing partners concerning the CDP Annual Program Statement objectives;
- Maintains and updates the CDP award tracker, which includes period of performance, award ceilings, and pending modifications;
- Provides logistical support to the AOR for event planning and international travel;
- Provides general analysis of partner pipelines, expenditure rates and resource allocation;
- Supports scheduling with Washington-based, mission, and implementing partner contacts;
- Supports annual Performance Plan and Report numerical and qualitative data collection;
- Assigns and tracks Senior Obligation Alignment Reviews and Country Development Cooperation Strategies input from Office staff - and building/maintaining accurate files;
- Solicits feedback from missions and external stakeholders - and conducts research to identify innovative and relevant Acquisition and Assistance approaches;
- Assists officers managing the Local Works program and awards developed with co-created research initiative partners
- Supports the Office Director and technical staff, performing a variety of administrative duties, such as tracking correspondence with bureau leadership;
- Tracks and monitors partner project deliverables including programmatic reports, financial reports, annual work plans, and Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) plans;
- Prepares weekly briefs on high-level activities for the Office of Local Sustainability meetings;
- Coordinates special projects, specified administrative tasks, and other duties as needed.
Knowledge Management: 20%
- Serves as records management officer for the Office and liaises with other Bureau officers on records management;
- Maintains project-level knowledge on CDP activities and global cooperative concepts, priorities, and issues;
- Maintains and updates CDP Knowledge Management portal with relevant resources, such as research, studies, evaluations, and tools;
- Supports the content development and facilitation of quarterly learning webinars for implementing partners and Agency contacts;
- Attends cooperative development training and captures high level and relevant findings.
- Tracks and monitors international cooperative development conferences, events, and training;
- Contributes CDP content to the monthly Office newsletter;
- Collects, edits, and disseminates relevant CDP success stories and digital content;
- Promotes both internally and externally CDP events in coordination with Office communications staff;
- Maintains and updates the project directory, including implementing partners, the Overseas Cooperative Development Council board, USAID/Washington counterparts, mission contacts, U.S. Department of Agriculture Foreign Agricultural Service, the International Cooperative Alliance, the U.S. Peace Corps, and other partners.
International Travel: 10%
- Participate in one to two international field visits annually to learn more about and better support the CDP program and Office activities;
- Produce trip reports and disseminate to relevant colleagues.
TO APPLY, please upload both a resume and a COVER LETTER to this posting.
About the Organization
ZemiTek is a woman-owned 8(a), small disadvantaged business providing institutional/technical support in information technology (IT) and international development services to US federal agencies since 2007. Through multiple contracts, ZemiTek has provided experts in economic analysis, research/strategic planning, knowledge management, policy, agriculture, private sector engagement, acquisition and assistance, engineering, project management, human resources/workforce planning, training, communications, events/facilitation, information technology and facilities, operations and administrative support.