Chemonics seeks an operations and logistics specialist for the five-year USAID-funded Tunisia Resilience and Community Empowerment (TRACE) project. TRACE aims to support communities in reducing their risk of instability and increase resilience to violent extremism. Through a rigorous community-based development approach, it will strengthen the voices of underrepresented groups, including women and youth in rural and peri-urban areas, and engage community members as participants and leaders in the full cycle of design, management, and evaluation of development activities. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Oversee logistics and project office operations, including procurement of office supplies and equipment, managing project service agreements, managing project transportation needs, facilities management, project inventory management, and supporting project registration requirements
- Ensure all applicable Chemonics policies are adhered to and compliance controls are in place
- Provide operational support to both operations and grants teams in the Tunis office, including overseeing procurements and inventory; logistics; and administration, including vehicle and facilities management and travel and lodging arrangements
- Ensure proper inventory policies are adhered to and that inventory is logged, tracked, updated accordingly; ensure all inventory reports are prepared for quarterly submission
- Develop and maintain a tracker of all operations-related contractual agreements, such as leases, service agreements, and transportation service agreements; ensure all agreements are up-to-date, thoroughly documented, and active
- Provide support and guidance to operations staff in all field offices
- Draft and edit memos and guidance documents related to project policies and procedures.
- Organize logistical and administrative support for conferences, seminars, workshops, and training events, which includes tasks and subtasks related to travel, meals, translation services, and document distribution
- Arrange pickup/drop off, hotels, phone issuance, and other logistic support for home-office and short-term travelers; facilitate the arrangement of domestic flights as required
- Maintain operations procurement files, checking the project’s internal control system to ensure that the policies and procedures are being adhered to; review all records for accuracy and sufficient documentation in accordance with Chemonics’ standards.
- Liaise with office building management and facilitate lease negotiations between expatriate staff and prospective landlords
- Work closely with project finance team and project leadership to ensure approval for, and to sufficiently document, operations-related payments
- Help to ensure compliance with lease/service contracts and agreement covenants before issuing payment(s) and ensure all agreements are re-competed and extended as necessary
- Under the supervision of the deputy chief of party, serve as the primary focal point for project registration-related discussions and action items, including coordinating submission of application and renewal, and ensuring any reporting requirements are shared in a timely manner with the rest of the project team
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field required
- Minimum two years in a similar role (e.g., administrative assistant); experience with an international organization preferred
- Demonstrated working knowledge in office computer applications including Microsoft Word and Excel and other basic computer applications
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, and to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines consistently
- Ability to multitask and work under pressure
- Fluent Arabic and French required; English proficiency required, with fluency strongly preferred
Please send electronic submissions of your CV or resume to TRACErecruit@chemonics.com with “Operations and Logistics Specialist” in the subject line by April 1, 2018. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
About the Organization
Owned entirely by employees, Chemonics is an ISO-9001 certified international development company. For more than 40 years, we have partnered with local and international organizations to promote social and economic change around the world.