Chemonics seeks an operations and procurement associate to support activities in Syria for the ongoing Support to Moderate Education in Syria, Injaz II, project. The operations and procurement associate will be based in Berlin, Germany; will not be required to travel inside Syria; and will have a five-day workweek. The operations and procurement associate will ensure that the project’s inventory is managed; HR and procurement systems are maintained; the office is well-maintained; logistics in support of the project are appropriately managed; and work in coordination with many other team members, including field staff. The operations and procurement associate will report to the Operations and Grants Manager. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Maintain digital and hard copy files and ensure that all correspondence and documents are stored in accordance with filing system
- Perform regular audits on subaward files, personnel files, and procurement files
- Track project office and field inventory by reviewing and maintaining procurement and inventory trackers
- Monitor the utilization of all office supplies and procure supplies as necessary
- Arrange for and oversee the maintenance of office equipment
- Confirm and receive RSVPs for meetings, arrange meeting space, and logistics as necessary
- Conduct procurements of office equipment and supplies for the field office in Berlin
- Assist with remote procurements supporting programmatic activities in Syria
- Assist the 0perations and grants manager with the management of vendor relationships with apartment landlords and office building management and maintenance
- Financial management assistance such as process programmatic and operational payments
- Human Resources tasks such as manage and verify leave for both Berlin and Syria based staff
- Assist with staff onboarding and departure logistics, including employment authorization review, policy manual review, and completion of any staff departure checklists
- Bachelor’s degree required but may be substituted with two years of relevant experience
- Legal work permit documentation for work in Berlin, Germany
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work in a professional and cordial manner with culturally diverse staff
- Relevant experience in office administration or project management
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Fluent written and spoken German is required, good working knowledge of written and spoken English and/or Arabic is preferred
Please send your CV and Cover Letter to RecruitmentInjaz@chemonics.com. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
Chemonics values the protection of your personal data. If you are in the European Union, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process personal data. You may access the notice via the following link: https://chemonics.com/eu-recruiting-data-privacy-notice/.
About the Organization
Owned entirely by employees, Chemonics is an ISO-9001 certified international development company. For more than 40 years, we have partnered with local and international organizations to promote social and economic change around the world.
Chemonics International is a leading international development consulting firm based in Washington, D.C. with more than 40 years of experience implementing programs around the world.