Chemonics seeks an operations technician for the ongoing USAID Human Rights Accountability Activity (HRAA) in Mexico. The project aims to continue building the capacity of Mexico’s human rights institutions to more effectively and accountably respond to and prevent human rights violations—in particular, forced disappearances and torture—at the federal and state levels. The operations technician will assist in the daily operations of the administration, finance and security teams, and will assist in the necessary administrative, financial, human resources, purchasing management, as well as administrative and financial reporting processes. This position will be based in Mexico City. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Coordinate with the administrative and financial managers of other projects implemented by Chemonics in Mexico to ensure uniform application of policies
- Facilitate travel requests and team expense reports, as well as assist in planning events in coordination with the operations director;
- Manage physical and electronic project file keeping in accordance with Chemonics policies
- Carry out necessary administrative and goods purchases under in-kind donations, logistical activities to be paid in-kind under donations funds, and procurement of goods and services based on USAID and Chemonics standards
- Assist in invoice preparations, reviewing monthly bank reconciliations and subcontractor invoices, and maintain financial documentation and cash disbursements
- Share information on contractual, administrative and financial matters with project staff
- Bachelor’s degree in public administration, business administration, finance, international relations or related degree
- Minimum of four years’ experience in operations and administration
- Knowledge of USAID and Chemonics processes and regulations preferred
- Must have demonstrated ability to work independently and in a team, showing initiative to carry out activities in their scope of work
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Fluency in Spanish
- Proficiency in English preferred
Please send an email with your CV and cover letter attached and “Operations Technician” in the subject line to MexicoHRAARecruitment@chemonics.com by September 18th, 2020. No telephone inquiries, please. Chemonics will contact finalists.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
Chemonics values the protection of your personal data. If you are in the European Union, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process personal data. You may access the notice via the following link: https://chemonics.com/eu-recruiting-data-privacy-notice/.
About the Organization
Owned entirely by employees, Chemonics is an ISO-9001 certified international development company. For more than 40 years, we have partnered with local and international organizations to promote social and economic change around the world.
Chemonics International is a leading international development consulting firm based in Washington, D.C. with more than 40 years of experience implementing programs around the world.