QED Group is recruiting for a Media Coordinator for the USAID/Pakistan Outreach and Communications Activity, a three-year, USAID-funded project in Pakistan to implement a media and communication campaign to increase positive public perception and public support for the United States Government based on the development results achieved through the foreign assistance programming delivered by the USAID Mission in Pakistan.
- Strategically engage the media in USAID outreach activities and events. Create a positive relationship with local and international media.
- Increase Pakistani public understanding of USAID assistance.
- Design and supervise national press coverage to promote USAID and its activities in Pakistan, including press briefing, interview, and media tours.
- Purchase media space and broadcast time for USAID media campaigns and advertisements at favorable rates, where appropriate.
- Provide regular updates and statistics on the media scene in Pakistan.
- A university degree in journalism, communication, advertising or a related field;
- Minimum of 5 years of experience as a reporter, editor, media coordinator or in public relations;
- Demonstrated experience developing media plans and designing media campaigns;
- Excellent communication skills, demonstrated leadership, and ability to work collaboratively across cultures and technical disciplines;
- Fluent spoken and written English;
- A proficiency in reading, writing and editing in Urdu is highly desirable;
- Thorough understanding of Pakistani cultural norms, trends and social environment, as well as the problems facing youth, women, and disadvantaged populations;
- Proficiency with social media and computer programs, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint;
- Solid contacts with the Pakistani media, in print, broadcast, and social media;
- Willingness to travel around the country, often at short notice, to work on USAID events and activities.
To apply to this position please click the "Apply Now" link and follow the application instructions below.
- Attach your current CV/resume and cover letter.
- Download and complete the attached 1420 biodata sheet and Voluntary Self-ID Form.
- Attach the completed 1420 and Self ID form to your application under 'supporting documents.'
- Submit Application
If you are unable to attached these documents with your application, they can be submitted later by logging into your Devhire profile and uploading them from the 'CV' tab (please note this will not replace the CV you have already submitted).
Applications submitted by other means will not be considered. Please note only finalists will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Accessibility Notice: If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process due to a physical or mental disability, please send an email to:Recruitment@QEDGroupLLC.com.
Reasonable accommodation requests will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
The QED Group, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. EEO/M/F/D/V
About the OrganizationThe QED Group, LLC is a full-service consulting firm that provides practical solutions to social problems through sound analysis, proven management techniques, and creative implementation. We strive to use rigorous and proven methods to provide solutions to problems facing businesses and government. We are client-oriented and aim to provide total client satisfaction on every project.
QED is on the General Services Administration's (GSA) Management, Organizational, and Business Improvement Services (MOBIS), Authorized Federal Supply Service Schedule Price List. This procurement vehicle allows QED to provide the highest caliber services, while making it easier for interested U.S. Government Agencies to make procurement decisions. Our GSA Contract Number is GS-10F-0405M and our Federal Supply Group is 874, Class R499. We offer the following services under GSA/MOBIS: Special Item Number 874-1: Consulting Services, Special Item Number 874-2: Facilitation Services, Special Item Number 874-3: Survey Services, and Special Item Number-4: Training Services. We are set up to accept credit card payments.
To provide excellence in our work and to encourage professionalism with passion.
To develop innovative and effective solutions that foster efficiency.
To provide solutions that encourage knowledge sharing and build partnerships across the public and private sectors.
To provide a work environment that attracts, excites, and nurtures a diverse and committed staff with exceptional skills that knows how to listen and learn.
Client-centered, partnership-building, team-oriented, accountability for quality results, dedication to financial integrity and cost effectiveness, inspired and innovative, empowerment of others and respect for diversity, personal honesty, and promotion of a lifework balance.
More Jobs from this Organization