Preferred locations: Ecuador or any other country in Latin America & the Caribbean or the USA where WVI/VF is registered to operate.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The role of the Regional People & Culture Business Partner (P&C BP) is to provide high quality leadership guidance and technical support to the People & Culture Managers and teams based in VisionFund’s Microfinance Institutions (MFIs) in the Latin America and Caribbean (LACRO) countries. This role will also act as an advisor to the Regional Operations Team at VisionFund International (VFI) and our MFIs’ Senior Management Teams (SMT).
The aim of this role is to develop and lead quality performance of the P&C function in the region in order to meet demanding business needs. The post holder will be required to have solid business awareness and understanding of microfinance so as to apply a People & Culture lens to the business operations & people related priorities.
This role will be responsible for developing, rolling out and reviewing Partnership-wide people related initiatives relating to both P&C and Operations strategic directives (e.g. talent management, job evaluation, salary benchmarking, employee relations, performance management, succession planning, recruitment etc.). The role will be responsible for implementing and ensuring MFI adherence to standardized people related processes across the MFI network within the Latin America and Caribbean region (LACRO).
This role will work closely to partner with and be a trusted advisor to the Global P&C Director; P&C Business Partner; VFI Senior Executive Team; VFI Regional Director; MFI P&C Teams and MFI Senior Management teams.
- Support, influence and provide advice to MFI P&C teams with an aim of helping to influence their SMT and Board of Directors and implementing both Partnership wide initiatives and MFI initiatives within LAC region. Oversee and manage implementation making insightful adjustments and recommendations tailored to the specific MFI audience.
- Act as a support and escalation point for Senior Management Team at MFI level.
- Lead and develop the MFI P&C staff within LAC region identifying training and development needs of teams. Provide one-on-one coaching as required. Identify and guide the development of high-potential staff, and build a talent management framework for P&C staff to ensure all can reach their full potential within the MFI.
- Work collaboratively with the MFI Chief Executive Officers to effectively matrix manage P&C Managers in LAC countries (currently Ecuador, Guatemala, Bolivia, Peru, Mexico, Dominican Republic).
- Work with and provide trusted advice and recommendations to the VFI Regional Director and regional team, with an aim of influencing to achieve effective people related priorities and improving business results.
- Lead MFI P&C teams in collecting accurate and timely people related data and information. Coach, develop and train teams to use information collected from P&C and Operations to analyse and provide valuable insights to feed into business plans and other MFI related activities.
- Ensure all P&C related reporting at MFI level is accurate & timely.
- Work collaboratively with the MFIs and regional team to implement and improve standardisation of process & policy within the regional MFI network.
- Act as escalation point for high-risk or Whistleblower-related employment relations issues. Work in collaboration with appropriate stakeholders to ensure required actions are taken to resolve all issues arising.
- As part of the Global Centre team contribute to the P&C team planning and implementation of Global projects, taking the lead at times and collaborating with other regional P&C BPs.
- Act as trusted advisor to the Global P&C Director relating to specific regional related issues and strategic planning.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Bachelors degree in Human Resource Management or equivalent.
- Sound and demonstrable generalist Human Resources knowledge and skills, specifically influencing, persuading, coaching and training others.
- Extensive experience in an HR management role.
- Experience in and understanding of financial institutions.
- Relevant regional or global experience in HR.
- Project management experience.
- Experience of managing through partnership.
- Professional membership of relevant HR body e.g SHRM, CIPD.
- Effective written and verbal communication in English and Spanish (in addition, French is an advantage).
Preferred Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- HRIS systems
- HAY certification
- Exposure to working as an internal consultant in an international organisation.
- Exposure to not for profit environment.
- Experience in a culturally diverse environment.
- The position requires ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally up to 40% of the time.
About the Organization
VisionFund International (VFI) is the world’s largest Christian microfinance network. For more than a decade we have been improving the lives of children across the developing world, as we provide small loans and other financial services to families struggling in poverty.
As the microfinance subsidiary of World Vision, the world’s largest Christian relief, development and advocacy organisation, we work in 30+ countries through our network of affiliated microfinance institutions (MFIs) located across the globe in Africa, Asia, Latin America and Eastern Europe. We have an outstanding loan portfolio of nearly US$ 535 million, serve over 1.2 million active borrowers and impact the lives of over 4 million children each year.
Sharing the same vision as World Vision, VFI aims to provide ‘life in all its fullness’ to children as their parents receive small loans, improve their businesses and increase in ability to care for their children as family incomes multiply.