The Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) was created to help foster social and economic development, create wealth and improve infrastructure connectivity in Asia by investing in sustainable infrastructure and other productive sectors. As a multilateral development bank, AIIB works closely with other multilateral and bilateral institutions as well as the private sector to improve infrastructure by promoting regional cooperation and partnerships. AIIB has 103 members, including 21 prospective members, and has an authorized capital of USD100 billion, of which USD20 billion is paid in. AIIB is a triple A-rated institution.
The Procurement Specialist will be responsible for implementing AIIB’s operational procurement policies and procedures, ensuring that their application by recipients of AIIB financing is consistent, efficient, fair and transparent, and that procurement under an AIIB project is conducted on a fit-for-purpose and value-for-money basis. The specialist will also be responsible for providing technical guidance and expertise to both recipients and AIIB staff to help facilitate successful project delivery.
- Take the lead in all project procurement matters throughout the project lifecycle.
- Conduct project procurement risk assessments and recommend risk mitigation measures on both policy and regulatory compliance and the recipient’s proposed Project Delivery Strategy.
- Review the recipient’s Project Delivery Strategy, procurement plans, tender documentation, tender evaluation reports to determine if they are acceptable to AIIB and in compliance with AIIB’s Procurement Policy, contract implementation and management arrangements.
- Review complaints from tenderers/consultants arising from the recipient’s procurement process.
- Review and analyze the suitability of proposed procurement arrangements, including the system used by relevant national agencies, that will be used by the recipient under an AIIB-financed project.
- Conduct business opportunity outreach activities on AIIB-financed projects to both the international and local business communities.
- Provide training on project procurement issues and advice on implementing the Bank’s Procurement Policy.
- Minimum 5-8 years relevant experience of procurement in infrastructure projects financed by multilateral development banks or equivalent organizations.
- Sound knowledge and experience of international best practices in infrastructure tendering and contracting strategies.
- Professional knowledge of public procurement systems and legislations and international/national procurement policies and procedures.
- Experience working with multilateral development bank(s) and/or other international/bilateral aid agencies on procurement policies and procedures.
- Experience with procurement by private sector entities, non-sovereign operations, PPPs, concessions and similar arrangements, will be an advantage.
- An effective communicator with demonstrable analytical, project management and problem-solving skills.
- Proven track record in managing integrity issues with vendors, using best-in-class management processes, while adhering to the highest standards of integrity.
- Fluency in written and oral English is required.
- Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in engineering, public procurement or related fields; professional Procurement Certification (e.g., CPSM, CIPS) preferred.
AIIB is committed to diversity, transparency and inclusion. We believe our strength comes from having a team with the right diverse skills, experiences and abilities selected through a merit-based competitive process. We actively encourage applications from people from both within and outside AIIB members, regardless of nationality, religion, gender, race, disability or sexual orientation.
Join in AIIB’s mission to promote sustainable infrastructure investments and to improve social and economic outcomes in Asia and beyond.
Previous experience and qualifications will determine the grade and job title at which successful applicants will enter AIIB.
About the Organization
The Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) is a multilateral development bank with a mission to improve social and economic outcomes in Asia. Headquartered in Beijing, we began operations in January 2016 and have now grown to 103 approved members worldwide. By investing in sustainable infrastructure and other productive sectors in Asia and beyond, we will better connect people, services and markets that over time will impact the lives of billions and build a better future.