World Learning seeks a Program Associate to support the Global Undergraduate Exchange Program (Global UGRAD) team. Funded by the U.S. Department of State, Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs, the Global UGRAD Program provides a diverse group of emerging undergraduate student leaders with scholarships to attend U.S. universities for an academic semester and engage in community service and campus involvement. World Learning places students at host institutions, monitors their progress, provides logistical support, ensures compliance with program rules, and conducts orientations and workshops on behalf of the State Department.
- Regularly communicate with students to monitor their progress and act as liaison for questions and problems;
- Make travel and logistical arrangements (e.g. housing and meal plans) on behalf of students;
- Provide extensive administrative support for the program, including use of the online student portal;
- Assist with program orientations and workshops by preparing material, organizing logistics, and assisting with sessions;
- Assist Program Officer in the student application, placement, and admissions process;
- Set up and maintain comprehensive electronic and paper files;
- Oversee health insurance registration and assist students with their questions;
- Liaise with host institutions, ensuring prompt and professional follow-up;
- Ensure proper receipt collection and reconciliation;
- Make timely payments including monthly stipends, tuition and fees, and book allowances;
- Maintain an active presence on program social networking sites;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum of two (2) years of work experience in a related area (e.g., international education & exchange, university admissions, student support, regional experience), or Master’s Degree plus one (1) year of related work experience;
- Experience in East Asia and the Pacific or South Asia or with the peoples of one or more of these regions highly desirable;
- Knowledge of U.S. university system or international education highly desirable.
- Demonstrated ability to be an energetic, flexible, and strong team player;
- Office work experience and strong computer skills, including Excel;
- Self-motivated and detail-oriented with excellent organizational ability;
- Strong cross-cultural and communications skills, with relevant foreign language skills in East Asian, Southeast Asian, and/or South Asian languages preferred
About the Organization
For more than 85 years, World Learning has worked to create a more peaceful, sustainable, and just world. Our education, development, and exchange programs help people find their voices, connect with their communities, and strengthen the institutions that form the backbone of a democratic society. With our support, these emerging leaders tackle critical global issues like poverty, conflict, and inequality.
As a thriving international nonprofit organization with impact in 150 countries, World Learning works across six major program areas. We’re hard at work improving global education to ensure schools and teachers have the tools they need to support students — including English language instruction through our TESOL teacher training. We encourage civic engagement in communities around the world, and we strengthen institutions so that they can best serve their constituencies. Our workforce development programs help people cultivate the hard and soft skills they need to succeed. And we offer people-to-people exchanges for people of all ages who seek professional and academic enrichment.
All World Learning programs are grounded in five key approaches: experiential learning, leadership development, inclusive practices, innovation, and grants management. We believe in partnering with local experts, organizations, and institutions to find solutions that will truly work for each community. Together, we create the foundations for a better tomorrow.
World Learning is a member of the World Learning Inc. family, which also includes The Experiment in International Living and School for International Training.