Purpose and Scope:
Under the supervision of the Program Manager, the Program Coordinator (PC)
will serve as a supporting member of the home office program management unit (PMU) for the Amazon Best Management Project. The PC manages client contracts, supports project field operations, and coordinates home office project backstopping. The PC supports overall operational, contractual and financial management of the project, and coordination and management of field office operational staff. The PC occasionally contributes to business development efforts and participates in divisional and corporate initiatives. The PC will report to the Program Manager.
- Provide day to day home office program management support and ensure effective and efficient coordination between the home and field offices.
- Be familiar with relevant policies and procedures including: US and project host country laws and regulations; AECOM policies and procedures; USAID regulations; and be accountable for project compliance with these laws, regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Recruit, mobilize, and demobilize short-term consultants and long-term project staff.
- Assist in orienting consultants and staff to AECOMand project objectives, procedures, resources, and relationships; monitor processes to ensure that proper procedures and rules are followed.
- Ensure that all project technical deliverables are formatted with proper branding requirements established by the contract and sent to the Development Experience Clearinghouse or the Prime Contractor and properly archived in the home office filing system.
- Process expense reports, make travel arrangements, and process payment requests.
- Assist Program Manager (s) with USAID approvalrequests and all project related procurement.
- Develop and monitor consultant agreements.
- Draft and assist with management of subcontracts, with oversight from Project Manager.
- Support project budgets, including: inputting monthly invoices in to budget tracker, assist with the preparation of budget modifications, assist with budget projections as needed Copy edit project deliverables, ensuring corporate/client branding requirements are met.
- Prepare information needed for business development and AECOM communications materials such as past performance reviews, CVs, charts, and program summaries/brochures.
- Assist with project start-up and closeout including traveling to the field as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned or requested.
Minimum Requirements :
- 0-2 years professional work experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field, including International Relations; Political Science; Government; Economics; Business; International Development, or relevant work experience required.
- Knowledge of Latin America and environmental and social issues. Knowledge of the Amazon region and extractive industries there, a plus.
- Ability to travel and work overseas on short term technical assignments up to 25%, sometimes at short notice.
- Team player who can work independently and excels at consulting and coordinating with teams.
- Ability to write and verbally communicate clearly and concisely.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks under tight deadlines with keen attention to detail
- Proficiency with Word and Excel.
- Native like fluency in English, and professional fluency Spanish.
Preferred Qualifications :
- Language ability in Portuguese.
- Experience or interest in the following technical areas: Environment, Infrastructure, Water, and/or Energy.
- International travel experience.
About the Organization
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.