The Program Coordinator (PC) is a hands-on, non-supervisory position that contributes to the effective and efficient implementation of activities within the Global Health Programs department of USP’s Global Health Programs (GHP) division. S/he will provide high-level support across several functions: new business, partnership management, project delivery (including monitoring and evaluation) and external visibility. Working under the guidance of the Vice President, and in close collaboration with other senior members of the team, this position will support activities across all functions, implementing key knowledge management activities in support of developing a highly effective department, drafting/editing externally facing content as well as event planning support, consultant and vendor management, travel and additional administrative support in a fast-paced environment.
The PC is a critical team member with broad understanding of donor programming from new business through project implementation and close-out, including Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E). S/he will serve as a key interface between the Global Health Programs team and other departments within GHP as well as other divisions within USP.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Provides operational support to the Director, Partnerships and Growth based in Geneva and the Regional Lead for Africa based in Kenya in their efforts to generate increased donor funding
- Tracks deliverables and timelines in support of efficient and effective departmental workplan implementation; communicate updates at monthly team meetings and more frequently to the Vice President and Senior VP upon request
- Establishes effective knowledge management strategies to support teams within the department to share knowledge, document best practices and innovate (after action review, learning lunches, communities of practice, etc.)
- Manages established tools and processes, including all inputs into the consultant database as well as leading on the procurement of vendors and consultants, tracking deliverables and processing invoices
- Works with Senior Manager, External Engagement and other technical and program staff to ensure high visibility at all prioritized events, including event planning support
- Provides support in drafting/editing of program documentation, including assessments, surveys, reports, communications materials, briefing materials, and presentations for conferences, trainings, or workshops.
- Coordinates internal and external meetings - draft minutes and track action items.
- Performs other activities as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in public health or relevant field
- Three (3) years’ program experience with an international organization (non-profit or for-profit) focused on international development.
- Experience supporting a diverse team with some remote members
- Experience with knowledge management or demonstrated understanding of KM in the context of INGOs or NGOs.
- Ability to work effectively in fast-paced environment supporting several functions, preferably in global public health.
- Experience providing administrative support for new business teams or international development assistance programs; or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills with attention to detail
- Demonstrates effective time management and prioritization skills
- Excellent critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Strong writer and communicator.
- Comfortable working with internal and external professionals
- Demonstrated ability to support implementation of multiple projects in a timely manner, including support to development and monitoring of budgets
- Proficiency in French preferred but not required
- Ability to travel as needed
About the Organization
The United States Pharmacopeial (USP) Convention is a non-governmental, nonprofit organization whose mission is to improve global health through public standards and related programs that help ensure the quality, safety, and benefit of medicines and foods.