Job DescriptionAbout Us
Are you passionate about driving programs focused on foreign assistance? Do you want to be part of an organization that offers meaningful assignments and opportunities to expand your skills and expertise? At Dexis, you will experience a corporate culture of inclusiveness, fairness, and trust. You will be given the means and mentorship needed to succeed, and your creativity will be rewarded.
About the Position
Dexis is seeking Program Development Officers to support a project with USAID’s Office of Transition Initiatives (OTI) in Ethiopia. This is a three-year contract to support activities that will strengthen democracy and national stability in Ethiopia.
The Program Development Officers will support regular program development activities and will report to the Senior Program Development Officer. These are full-time positions based in Bahir Dar, Amhara, with an immediate start date.
USAID’s Office of Transition Initiatives’ (USAID/OTI) new support program aims to deliver fast and adaptable support that helps the Government of Ethiopia and civil society advance democratic reforms and enhance citizen engagement in the governance processes. Dexis Consulting Group (Dexis) will be USAID/OTI’s implementing partner in providing this assistance.
- Present activity ideas at weekly activity design meetings and refine activity concepts for green-light/activity clearance.
- Enter activity concepts in the OTI Activity Database upon yellow-light approval.
- Keep apprised of activities through implementation and supports tasks associated with project completion including moving activity to Completed in OTI Activity Database.
- Write Final Evaluation Report (FER).
- Identify and develop relationships with potential grantees and local partners.
- Develop project concepts into fundable projects.
- Write grant agreements and enter information into OTI Activity Database.
- Managing and overseeing individual activities from concept to conclusion.
- Provide technical assistance to support activity design and development.
- Supports Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning efforts and uses feedback and lessons-learned from activity implementation to inform future activity design.
- Analyze grant budget estimates.
- Vet potential grantees against Office of Foreign Asset Control/terrorist activities per USG regulations.
- Oversee activity implementation and ensure compliance with grants management policies and procedures.
- Undertake other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent university degree in a relevant field.
- At least five years of relevant experience.
- Creative, new concepts and approaches-mindset wanted.
- Demonstrated experience working with community-based organizations and groups in participatory program development and implementation.
- Demonstrated experience in programs requiring community-level engagement.
- Ability to deliver training on topics related to local community-based organizations and NGO organizational strengthening.
- Ability to perform project monitoring and evaluation.
- Experience living and working in Ethiopia.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Experience working in environments experiencing political transition.
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Amharic.
About the Organization
Are you looking for a company that offers meaningful program assignments and opportunities to develop professional skills and expertise? At Dexis, staff are empowered to be part of the decision-making process and collaborate with colleagues and management across the company to satisfy our clients. We create transparency in our operations with our clients and employees; and we offer our people opportunities to grow and challenge themselves in meaningful ways. Dexis follows a "find a way or make a way" business directive, and we’re paving the way for innovative management solutions in the global development and security assistance arenas worldwide. As a Dexis employee you will be challenged, empowered, and mentored. That’s how Dexis goes "all in.” How will you?
Dexis is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental handicap, or status as a disabled or Vietnam Era veteran of the US Armed Forces.