CAMRIS is an international development and research firm that realizes innovative solutions to development challenges through high-quality, cost-effective program and research management services. With experience working in more than 80 countries, we combine our proven systems with today’s most effective, evidence-based best practices to improve development outcomes. We apply a customized, customer-centric business approach to offer greater value to our clients.
CAMRIS seeks a Program Director for the upcoming USAID’s Bureau for Latin America and the Caribbean (LAC) Institutional Support Service contract.
This opportunity will assist USAID in achieving its program priorities by providing the following goals:
1 Technical, Advisory, Professional, Operational, and Administrative Support Services for Project Design
2 Program Analysis and Management
3 Monitoring and Evaluation;
4 Technical expertise in areas such as Education, Youth Development, Health, Economic growth, Environment, Disaster Risk Reduction, Democracy and Governance and Institution Building;
5 strategic expertise and substantive knowledge on programming, procurement, administrative management, and other operational functions;
6 coaching and mentoring;
7 public affairs and communications.
*This position is contingent upon contract award.
* Serve as the primary point-of-contact for the USAID COR for all matters pertaining to the contract.
* Provide overall program management and support to fulfill the project’s technical goals and objectives.
* Maintain effective working relationships with USAID, Bureau for Latin America and the Caribbean, and other US Government clients.
* Support recruitment of project staff consistent with CAMRIS policies and position descriptions and USAID contract requirements.
* Supervise contract/grant invoicing and manage budget
* Alert senior management for any issues.
* Develop/review work plans, prepare presentations, coordinate travel arrangements and monitor program activities.
* Work to ensure prompt resolution of implementation problems.
* Adhere to CAMRIS policies and procedures and apply them consistently throughout programs.
* Review, edit and comment on project scopes of work, and all technical deliverables.
* Maintain all project materials, files, emails, and other relevant documentation.
* Coordinate with other partners to effectively manage programs.
* Support business development activities by contributing to proposal development, capture planning, conceptualizing teaming, technical approaches, and cost strategies to maximize CAMRIS competitive advantage.
* Report to the Program Director.
* Perform other duties as assigned
* Master’s degree in related field.
* Demonstrated working knowledge of USAID rules and regulations for contracts, cooperative agreements and/or grants under contract.
* Must have a minimum of ten years of directly applicable work experience including strong administrative experience to ensure smooth coordination and management of multiple tasks and consultants;
* Must have extensive knowledge of the LAC region.
* Have sufficient sector knowledge to assess the qualifications of prospective environment consultants; project management, document review, and editing skills; and diplomatic and interpersonal skills.
* Must be fluent in Spanish (speaking and reading), with working knowledge of Portuguese and/or French preferred.