The QED Group, LLC is seeking a Program Monitoring Specialist for short- and long-term opportunities under the upcoming rebid of the USAID PPL Monitoring Evaluation and Learning IDIQ (EVAL-ME). The purpose of this IDIQ will be to provide USAID with technical and advisory services for evaluation, evaluation capacity building, and performance monitoring activities worldwide, at the Mission (operating unit), Bureau, and Agency-wide levels.
- Lead and manage the overall technical work related to performance and context monitoring under this contract, including overall approach to performance and context monitoring of USAID portfolios, conducting data quality analyses in accordance with ADS 201, reviewing MEL Plans, and ensuring the quality and utility of monitoring data.
- Lead the development and provide technical assistance to MEL teams in developing Performance Management Plans, and Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) Plans at project and activity levels.
- Research and propose additional monitoring approaches for USAID’s use, such as non-indicator-based monitoring and complexity aware monitoring.
- Support the delivery of third-party verification efforts in support of USAID Missions.
- Support the maintenance and incorporation of management information services (MIS) and (GIS).
- Promote CLA Activities for strategic collaboration in order to identify possible program and context gaps at the strategy level as well as offer periodic opportunities to reflect on progress, such as after-action reviews and partner meetings to inform on possible adaptation changes.
- Conduct and lead meetings, workshops and presentations for USAID staff and outside stakeholders, as appropriate.
- Collaborate closely with and manage other activity staff from the Evaluation, CLA, and GIS Teams.
- A Master’s degree or greater in a relevant field such as applied Social Sciences, Statistics, Organizational sciences, Development Economics, or Monitoring and Evaluation.
- At least 8+ years of experience in monitoring and evaluation including indicator development, data collection and analysis, data quality assessments, statistical methods and/or performance monitoring and/or reporting.
- Substantive experience leveraging performance monitoring data for the improvement of ongoing activity
- Experience supporting or building MIS and or GIS systems.
- Familiarity with monitoring in complex and non-permissive environments.
- Experience working in developing countries strongly preferred.
- Activity management skills are desirable.
- Passion for strategic analysis, problem-solving, consensus building, networking, organizational improvement, creative thinking, and an ability to manage change.
- Previous experience on USAID activities focused on monitoring & evaluation preferred.
- Available for either STTA or LTTA assignments, depending on proposal requirements.
- English skills required.
- Strong proficiency in MS Office suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint).
About the Organization
The QED Group, LLC, is a full-service international consulting firm committed to solving complex global challenges through innovative solutions. We are determined to provide all our clients with best-value services so they increase their efficiency, learning capacity, and accountability to the public in an ever more complex and interconnected world. Through Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) and Knowledge Management practice areas, QED is working to maximize our clients' return on investment through accountability, continuous learning, and sound management.