EnCompass is currently seeing a Project Assistant to provides administrative support for technical assistance and evaluation projects related to global health; education; and democracy, rights, and governance; and humanitarian efforts. The Project Assistant may also support operations and business development. The volume of work shifts from month-to-month and consists of managing various demands from staff, requiring flexibility and comfort with change and new activities.
The position is based at EnCompass headquarters, in Rockville, MD.
Position Duties and Responsibilities
Essential functions include:
- Review consultant invoices, field expense reports and travel expenses; support finance department in the purchase and payment of products and services
- Assist with review and preparation of subcontract and client invoices
- Maintain SharePoint files and organization
- Maintain project records, project related KM and disseminate information about project results
- Support tracking processes to ensure that tasks and assignments proceed according to work plan and remain within budget
- Support project managers with communication and coordination with clients, subcontractors and consultants
- Support the production of project deliverables, this may include writing, editing, proofreading, coding, and/or coordinating translation services; support the process of ensuring the quality of project deliverables
- Take on research work as required in both quantitative and qualitative research methods
- Assist in logistics and other preparations for meetings, conferences, workshops, and other presentations
- Conduct research on a variety of project-related topics in both quantitative and qualitative methods
- Schedule and prepare for team meetings
- Represent the team on the company Admin Team
- Assist with recruiting, onboarding and maintaining excellent communications and support with consultants; populates and maintains relevant consultant databases
- Support production of virtual instructor led training (vILT) sessions, as needed
- Engage fully as a member of the EnCompass staff team, including participating in staff meetings and other EnCompass activities
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree and one year of experience
Experience and Skills
- Strong verbal and written English language skills; highly skilled at writing and editing documents
- Excellent computer skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Basic skills in operational processes
- Ability to work under pressure and manage competing priorities and deadlines
- Ability to work within defined standard operating procedures and adhere to quality guidelines
- Attention to detail, accuracy, and strong time management skills
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively as needed
- Fluency in Spanish highly desirable Experience with SharePoint, trello or other platforms for managing teams highly desirable
- Experience in the administration and coordination of international projects highly desirable
- International experience (professional, study abroad, etc.) highly desirable
How to Apply
Please submit CV and cover letter to https://encompassworld.com/work-with-us.
The employer will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified.
The incumbent must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle and prioritize multiple, competing tasks and demands and to seek supervisory assistance as appropriate.
About the Organization
EnCompass is a women-owned business offering innovative and customized solutions for leadership, capacity strengthening, technical assistance, and monitoring and evaluation. We have experience in more than 70 countries and a team of more than 100 staff and 1,200 experts around the globe.
We partner with government and multilateral agencies, nonprofit organizations, and corporations around the world, offering thought leadership, rich diversity, and technical expertise in global health, inclusive development, education, human rights, and food security.