Project Associate, HSOT (Part time)
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people’s lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview and Role:
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
The Humanitarian and Stabilisation Operations Team (HSOT), contracted by Palladium International Ltd, provides the Department for International Development (DFID) with humanitarian services and the UK Government’s Stabilisation Unit (SU) with stabilisation support.
HSOT works with DFID to lead the UK Government’s response to humanitarian disasters in co-operation with the United Nations, the Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement, non-governmental organisations and governments of disaster-affected countries.
We are recruiting for a project associate, part-time in a permanent contract. The project associate will support the management and implementation of effective and efficient operational, financial and compliance activities to deliver projects in accordance with contractual obligations, company policies, Group Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Guidelines and client rules and regulations. The role involves a big financial and commercial management responsibility.
- Responsible for budgetary, financial and commercial management including monitoring standing team expenditure against the head budget.
- Tracking utilisation and driving team performance against financial targets.
- Identifying efficiencies and opportunities within programme spend.
- Responsible for tracking of project income and reviewing the standing team financial transactions.
- Preparation of inputs for client both project team and surge staff invoices
- Review of subcontractor/standing team consultants financial reports and compliance submissions.
- Supporting the external and internal audit process
- Providing support with the contract management and client relationship including but not limited to monitoring compliance, contract amendments and responding to client’s request.
- Working across Palladium corporate and HSOT supporting with project management and compliance
- Support the development and presentation of internal and external reporting.
- Responsible for project Asset Register.
- Support with the development of project subcontractor / grant management procedures compliant with the company’s SOPs and Guidelines and client’s rules and regulations
Required Qualifications: Education and Experience Required
- Significant experience in administration and financial/budget management.
- Financial acumen and the ability to interpret and analyse financial reports.
- Outstanding organisational skills (Planning, information management, controlling timelines and meeting deadlines).
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proven ability to communicate complex procedures and situations to varied stakeholders/clients.
- Understanding of Project Management.
- Ability to work with a low level of supervision and team player.
Please apply If you have the right to work in the UK, as we do not sponsor work visas for non UK nationals.