Job DescriptionAbout Us
Dexis is a professional services firm that solves the most pressing social challenges in complex environments, paving the way for a more secure and prosperous world.
Dexis embraces diversity, equity, and inclusion and strives to build and maintain a safe environment where we celebrate diverse backgrounds, treat everyone with respect, and value the unique lived experiences each person brings based on their race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, military or veteran status, national origin, age, marital status or family status and related conditions.
At Dexis, you will experience a corporate culture of inclusiveness, fairness, and trust. You will be given the means and mentorship needed to succeed, and your creativity will be rewarded.
About the Position
The primary functions of this Project Associate / Junior Data Analyst position are to provide general project management and technical assistance to the Indo-Pacific Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (IP-MEL) project with Dexis. IP-MEL is a platform support project that serves the USAID/Asia Bureau in its various MEL needs for programming in the Indo-Pacific. The role involves direct client and partner relationship, research, analysis, monitoring and evaluation, and project management and information gathering in a flexible, dynamic work environment.
This is a full-time position with an immediate start date.
- Provides technical backstopping including conducting literature reviews, reviewing reports and other MEL products for accuracy and completeness, and developing data collection tools/processes for project assignments.
- Supports data management, organization, and analysis tasks per client/technical specifications.
- Provides support across the areas of project management, and technical backstopping.
- Provides general project operations assistance to project technical staff and backstops projects/country programs on a regular basis through e-mail and virtual meetings.
- Provides scheduled and ad-hoc financial and/or budget reports. Drafts and finalizes reports for project quarterly, annual and close-out reports for internal and external use.
- Compiles, analyzes, and summarizes financial and project operational data using various database programs for inclusion in reports or presentation materials.
- Manages external consultants for various project assignments including developing scopes of work, reviewing expense reports, and approving deliverables.
- Recruits, screens, and onboards project staff and consultants.
- Maintains filing system for project administrative, financial, and technical documents in Dexis knowledge management systems.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, international relations, or related field.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, excellent writing, editing and research skills.
- Strong analytical, financial, quantitative, and qualitative research skills.
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office Products.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- 1-3 years of project planning and budget control experience in a research, consulting practice, non-profit or international development environment.
- Experience working on donor-funded projects (experience with USAID or State Department projects highly desirable) as well as exposure to developing countries.
- Professional proficiency in a second language.
About the Organization
Dexis is on a mission to help solve today’s most pressing global political, social, and economic challenges and create a world where all people are safe and prosperous. As a Dexis employee, you will be challenged, empowered, and mentored. Our motto is “find a way or make a way” — that’s how Dexis goes “all in.” How will you?
If you are passionate about this opportunity, apply now!
Only those applicants who meet the above criteria will be contacted for interview.
Dexis is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, national origin, religion, pregnancy, disability, age, genetic information, military service, veteran status, ethnicity, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, childbirth and related medical conditions, including lactation, or any other protected class under applicable law.