Project Component Manager (m/f) Strengthening Resilience of the Cross-Border Collaboration in Western Ethiopia
The potential of a cross-border cooperation and coordination in the region of Benishangul Gumuz/Ethiopia and Blue Nile State/Sudan, as of yet has not been systematically developed. The overall objective of the project is to address the drivers of migration and strengthen the populations’ resilience to instability and displacement. In order to achieve this, the European Union (EU) and the Federal Ministry of Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) wish to provide local governments, communities and the private sector on both sides with opportunities to improve diversification of livelihoods, shared management of natural resources, trade development as well as capacities for conflict prevention and resolution.
- Steering the effective implementation of the programme’s component on strengthening resilience, including improving livelihood opportunities and enhancing integrated natural resource management under the supervision of the project team leader;
- Developing and implementing capacity development measures;
- Supporting cross-border initiatives and cooperation with/among partners in governmental institutions and civil society;
- Supervising the project team members and steering the work of short-term consultants;
- Results-based monitoring and reporting;
- Using and ensuring Do No Harm and Gender Sensitivity approaches.
- Master’s Degree in agriculture-based economy, natural resource management, food security or related fields;
- Proven track record of professional experience in at least one of the following areas: natural resource management, improving sustainable livelihoods, strengthening resilience – preferably in Sub-Saharan countries;
- Leadership skills and used to work in a multi-national team;
- Excellent command of English (written and spoken);
- Strong communication and reporting skills with focus on high political sensitivity;
- Power user of digital communication tools.
06/01/2018 - 12/31/2020
The living conditions and safety for project staff in the Benishangul Gumuz region of Ethiopia can be considered reasonable to normal. The ongoing conflict in the Blue Nile State of Sudan causes significant restrictions in terms of access to the southern parts of the state and in terms of movement of project staff outside Ed Damazin, Blue Nile State/Sudan. On both sides of the border, there are poor road conditions and health facilities at a very low standard. A Risk Management Unit (RMU) of the project as an integral part of the project management that will provide all necessary assistance and safeguard GIZ’s field staff.
Please note that we basically can only receive and process applications sent via our e-recruiting system. Should you not be able to do so, please contact the person named in the job advertisement.
To enable us to assess your existing skills and qualifications as part of our internal selection procedure, please complete the questionnaire on your competencies when you apply online.
After submitting an application, please check your spam/junk folder regularly for incoming messages, as emails from our e-recruiting system are treated as spam by some providers.
GIZ would like to increase the proportion of employees with disability, both in Germany and abroad. Applications from persons with disabilities are most welcome.
To appley, please make use of our online - application facility under: