SUMMARY ABOUT THE PROJECT
The Indonesia Australia Partnership for Infrastructure (or Kemitraan Indonesia Australia untuk Infrastruktur – KIAT) is an Australian Government funded program implemented by Cardno that promotes sustainable and inclusive economic growth through improved access to infrastructure for all people. The Government of Indonesia is seeking a different grant mechanism in the water sector, and the Government of Australia through the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT) has agreed to support a pilot Performance Based Grant (PBG) program in Indonesia from March 2020 to June 2021 with a potential extension to June 2022. The objective of the PBG is to achieve sustainable improvements in 15 Perusahaan Daerah Air Minum (PDAM) service delivery across Indonesia. Focus will be placed in improving the Governance, Financial Sustainability, Operational Efficiency and Quality of Water Service Delivery of the PDAMs.
Cowater is recruiting a team of local experts to deliver technical assistance (TA) to help the PDAMs identify the best approaches to improving their performance in ways that can be measured by key performance indicators. The experts will support the establishment of a performance baseline for each PDAM; assess PDAM performance and recommend a performance improvement plan; regularly monitor and verify performance data; and calculate grant allocations based on performance improvements.
SUMMARY OF POSITION
The objectives of this role are to support the day-to-day operations for PBG Office with the logistics / administrative and financial aspects of its work program and for ensuring the timely payment of costs and expenses for activities implemented.
- Undertake logistics and administrative work relating to the preparation, implementation and reporting of activities and events, including establishing and maintaining an activities / events calendar, arranging travel and accommodation, arranging venues for activities / events, arranging invitations, and activities equipment, translator, facilitator, Finance, and administration ;
- Arrange for meetings with partners, stakeholders and others, especially on above-mentioned activities ;
- Organize travel and accommodation for the technical team, advisers and support the arrangement for the management team ;
- Support the arrangement of International Adviser travel which include visa, accommodation, and air travel ;
- As member of Administration Team Responsible to maintain safety and security which include Office Security and personnel Security during travel, as well as be conversant in government policy and travel restriction during COVID-19 Epidemic ;
- Inform, communicate, and advice PBG Personnel regarding Operations Manual especially procedure related to travel, cash advance, and administration as to ensure they are aware of and comply with Program Administration and Finance Procedure ;
- Facilitate efficient procurement, printing, storage and distribution of supplies and publications ;
- Prepare budgets and financial reports for the events ;
- In coordination with Program Team, adviser, and Finance and Administration Manager, review budgetary allocations to ensure that they are in line with the designed allocation costs of the program ;
- Keep the Program Unit & Finance Unit updated with all financial entries collected ;
- Verify and submit for payment (by the Finance Unit) of invoices ;
- Support the preparation of letters, reports (narrative and financial) and other documentation ;
- Establish and maintain a general calendar of activities for the team ;
- Organise the translation of documents (may translate simple documents him / herself or engage a professional translator for more complex documents).
- Maintain electronic files in share drive ;
- Maintain stringent standards in representation of children within digital media to ensure it is in alignment with PBG and DFAT standards and take steps to report any identified concerns about child abuse or risks to children.
- Candidates must be fluent in English and Bahasa Indonesia
- Only Indonesians resident in Indonesia will be eligible for this role
- Experience working with Indonesian PDAMs will be an asset
Candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible on our Career Page, until Monday August 3rd 2020.
For your application to be considered, please upload your documents entitled as : Candidate Last Name, First Name, date, Title of the Position.
We thank all applicants, however only those shortlisted will be contacted.
We thank you for your interest in building a better tomorrow with Cowater International.
About the Organization
With more than 30 years of experience, Cowater International is Canada’s global leader in management consulting services specializing in international development. We have managed the implementation of over 800 projects in more than 80 countries around the globe for clients such as DFID, DFAT Australia, the World Bank and Global Affairs Canada. We work with governments, partner organizations, communities and civil society to design and implement sustainable solutions that generate lasting social, economic and environmental impacts. Our adaptive approach to management has led to our award-winning work and recognition as one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies in 2017 and 2018.