Job DescriptionPosition Description
The Project Coordinators provide proactive, customer-focused administrative, operations, and programmatic support for the Learning and Leadership Development, and the Technical Assistance and Evaluation practice areas.
The position is based at EnCompass’ Rockville, MD headquarters. Excepted to be remote until September 30th 2021.
FLSA Status: Exempt
Position Duties and Responsibilities
- As a member of the Project Operations and Management team and the company-wide Operations Team:
- Serves as a point of contact for all operations tasks on the L&LD and TA&Eval teams
- Ensures the L&LD and TA&Eval teams and its headquarters-based and field-based projects properly follow all company and team administrative procedures
- Supports project activities and strategic company initiatives, including project startup, ongoing project operations and management, project close-out, and executing large-scale multi-sectoral events
- For field projects: Backstops operations-related field team tasks and ensures field team access to relevant documents relevant for their operational tasks
Quality Assurance Management
- Supports project leads to develop, maintain, and update work planning and tracking systems to ensure that tasks and deliverables proceed on time
- Supports project leads with partner/consortia communications and coordination, including documentation of important client and partner meetings
- Supports timely, quality project deliverables production and submission: tracking deliverables, coordinating technical inputs, editing translations, and graphic design to ensure the quality of project deliverables
- Schedules and supports project leads in preparation of materials of period Project Reviews
- Supports project leads with budget tracking and projections and review of monthly invoices to ensure projects remain within budget
- Schedules and facilitates monthly project finance review, prepares activity report for client invoices and calculates burn rates
- Reviews monthly invoices for accuracy and completeness, manages financial awards and subawards (financial projections, invoices, and reports), ensures timely approval of monthly invoices
- For field projects: reviews and submits monthly field financial reports, field staff invoices, and field monthly payroll wires, and prepares reports on foreign tax payments and process foreign tax reports
- Monitors LOE for home office staff and STTA, reviews monthly invoices and sends PPRs to respective PM/TL for approval
- Leads coordination of more complex procurements, including vendors for translation and similar services, analyses procurement quotes with PM, and drafts procurement justifications
- Manages consultant processes: onboards independent consultants; manages the consultant agreement and invoicing processes (review consultant invoices, field expense reports, and travel expenses for completeness and accuracy, and ensure timely approvals are obtained); ensures consultant documentation is accurate and up-to-date, including consultant tracker
- Supports field project offices in payroll functions (reviews and approvals from Africa HR and other programs)
- Supports project recruitment by drafting draft job descriptions, screens potential candidates for administrative positions, and serves as the point of contact with the Talent Management department (Human Resources and Talent Acquisition)
- At project start-up, schedules and prepares budget handover/walkthrough with the Business Development team and Contracts
- Coordinates/oversees preparation of sub-agreements and modifications for project lead and Contracts review
Data and Knowledge Management
- Maintains SharePoint files and organization for the L&LD and TA & Evaluation teams and communications sites; maintains project records, project related KM, and disseminate information about project results
Asset and Resource Management
- Supports hiring of local vendors for the procurement of good and services, provides procurement training to home office and field staff on a regular basis
- Supports in-country procurement of IT equipment with software installation and creation of project team spaces during start-up
- Supports the finalization of field project start-up, reviewing lease agreement for office and residential locations and in-country project registration
- Manages tracking systems related to IT procurement, vehicle fleet management, and residential expendable supplies
Travel and Logistics Management
- Supports the mobilization/demobilization of home office and field office staff during start-up and close-out
- Coordinates the creation of a security plan for field office and hire real estate agent to help find short- and long-term residence/office space
Other duties as assigned
- Leads production of internal and external virtual meetings and training in Adobe Connect, Zoom, and other platforms
- Supports business development efforts tasks as assigned
- Engages fully as a member of the EnCompass staff team, including participating in staff meetings, company-wide Admin meetings and other EnCompass events
- Support other duties as assigned
Academic Qualification, Experience and Skills
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree and 4 years of experience, of which at least 2 years should have been providing administrative support to project teams in international development
- Knowledge of US Government financial reporting and compliance processes and requirements
- Experience in supporting field-based projects and donor funded procurements and subcontracts desirable
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to organize, manage, prioritize, and follow through on multiple tasks in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment
- Excellent verbal and written English language skills, knowledge of Spanish or French language a plus
- Previous event planning and management experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, particularly Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Proven capacity to take initiative and willingness to learn new skills as needed
- Strong work ethic and the ability to work well independently and as part of a team
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and ability to interact with individuals at all levels
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion
- Knowledge of data management in data analysis software packages such as Stata, Dedoose, and UCINet, and database programs a plus
- Ability to work in an appreciative environment with colleagues and clients
How to Apply
Please submit CV and cover letter.
EnCompass LLC is a progressive Equal Opportunity Employer. We promote, celebrate, and support a diverse and inclusive organizational culture and workforce. We are committed to providing all of our employees with an environment free from discrimination and harassment, where all are treated with dignity and respect. We do not tolerate, and explicitly prohibit, discrimination or harassment of any kind, at any time, in all aspects of employment. This includes recruitment, hiring, promotions, disciplinary measures, terminations, compensation, benefits, social and recreational programs, and training. EnCompass also does not tolerate retaliation against individuals who report discrimination or harassment. Our continuing commitment to the principle of Equal Opportunity Employment for all means all employment decisions are based only on the job requirements, the candidate’s qualifications, and the needs of EnCompass as a business—not on race, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, belief, sex (including pregnancy and related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, disability status, veteran status, genetic information, HIV status, family/marital/parental status, or any other status protected by the laws and regulations in the jurisdictions where we work.
For US based positions: The employer will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified.
The incumbent must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle and prioritize multiple, competing tasks and demands and to seek supervisory assistance as appropriate.
About the Organization
EnCompass is a women-owned business offering innovative and customized solutions for leadership, capacity strengthening, technical assistance, and monitoring and evaluation. We have experience in more than 70 countries and a team of more than 100 staff and 1,200 experts around the globe.
We partner with government and multilateral agencies, nonprofit organizations, and corporations around the world, offering thought leadership, rich diversity, and technical expertise in global health, inclusive development, education, human rights, and food security.