EnCompass LLC is currently seeking a Project Director for an upcoming project entitled USAID Data and Evidence for Educational Programs (DEEP). The project will support the USAID Office of Education in collecting, analyzing and reporting education data in order to track progress towards meeting its strategic objectives and also to refine its strategic objectives and inform future programming. The objective is to develop rigorous data systems that ensure consistent and continuous monitoring and evidence building on the effectiveness of education programs.
The Project Director will be responsible for guiding senior technical staff, global consultants, and data collectors, and for ensuring program responsiveness and quality of work along with efficient use of resources and achievement of results. The position is based in Washington DC and may require international travel.
- Provides strategic direction and technical leadership to capture high quality data to track progress toward Education strategic goals, including producing evidence analyses and knowledge products and facilitating effective use of data by USAID and its implementing partners
- Manages, supervises, and ensures the quality of work of a team of full-time staff as well as subcontractors and short-term technical assistance consultants;
- Establishes work plans and project teams to meet project goals and ensure compliance with policies.
- Recruits and selects short-term staff as needed for specific tasks;
- Manages the operational and financial aspects of the project;
- Provides quality assurance over all technical and administrative deliverables, including preparing quarterly and annual reports, and ensures technical and administrative contractual compliance; and
- Serves as the main point of contact with USAID, EnCompass HQ, and will report to the Vice President for Technical Assistance and Evaluation
- Master’s degree in Education or related social sciences field
- Minimum of 12 years’ experience in leadership roles on similarly complex monitoring and evaluation frameworks for programs in developing countries.
- Experience managing projects in support of early grade reading, higher education and workforce development, and education in conflict and crises environments, as well as experience with programming related to education and empowerment for girls, education opportunities for children with disabilities, and education systems and context.
- Experience supporting capacity building and training activities for education data management and data use at national and global levels
- Significant experience working in USAID target countries preferred.
- Expertise in monitoring, evaluation, and research, including experience with both experimental and non-experimental designs and qualitative and quantitative methods.
- Demonstrated ability to lead multidisciplinary, multicultural teams, manage complex programs, and ensure that project staff adhere to the highest standards of quality, relevance, and timeliness.
- Experience developing project vision, aligning key stakeholders around that vision, and assuring that the vision is translated into implementable strategies.
- Experience working with USAID highly prioritized.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Fluency in English required
About the Organization
EnCompass LLC is a women owned small business that offers innovative solutions for organizational excellence. We seek to enhance the impact and capacity of government and multilateral agencies, corporations, and nonprofits around the world through customized services in organizational and leadership development, training, technical assistance, and evaluation. EnCompass has a global and multicultural team of staff and consultants with deep expertise in a range of issues including health, HIV/AIDS, gender, democracy and governance, education, human rights, agriculture and food security.