Title: Project Lead
Project: USAID Global Health Supply Chain Program-Procurement and Supply Management (GHSC-PSM) project in Thailand and Laos
Reports To: Project Management Unit Director (Headquarters)
Level of Effort: Full time
Our client seeks a Project Lead (based in Bangkok, Thailand) to support the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) Global Health Supply Chain Program - Procurement and Supply Management (GHSC-PSM) project in Thailand and Laos. GHSC-PSM is the primary vehicle through which USAID:
1) procures and provides health commodities,
2) provides technical assistance to improve partner country management of the health supply chain, and
3) collaborates with key international stakeholders to support global health initiatives. In Thailand and Laos, GHSC-PSM operates under the U.S. President’s Malaria Initiative (PMI) task order to conduct malaria supply chain strengthening activities that support Thailand and Laos on their journey to self-reliance.
The Project Lead is responsible for providing overall strategic direction and leadership for the GHSC-PSM project in Thailand and Laos. The Project Lead will manage the development of technical strategies and work plans; monitor programmatic, financial, and administrative performance; supervise the administration of standard project operating and financial procedures; manage short and long-term technical assistance; and maintain effective communication with the client, the home office, the public and private sectors, and other donors and cooperating agencies. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Maintain strong and positive working relationships with clients and partners including USAID and our local government counterparts
- Ensure that positive and productive working relationships and regular communication are maintained within the field office and between the field and home offices
- Develop and implement annual work plans and budgets that reflect the priorities of USAID, the ministry of health, and other stakeholders
- Develop and implement staffing, technical assistance, and procurement plans that lead to the effective implementation of the project’s strategy and work plan
- Strategically identify capacity gaps and arrange for appropriate training of field staff
- Ensure the use of appropriate management methodologies to plan, organize, and control resources to achieve goals
- Develop, update, and implement performance monitoring plan that encompasses commodity security and logistics management indicators and includes project-wide performance measures
- Manage the operation of the office in adherence with policies and procedures in project management, including HR management, procurement, finance, and administration
- Oversee finances and cash flow; ensure expenditure forecasts are prepared, reviewed, and submitted to the regional manager quarterly
- Coordinate with relevant stakeholders in the provision of assistance to build the capacity and capability of national systems
- Report results of project work to USAID, Ministries of Health, other donors, and the home office; ensure the timely submission of all deliverables
- Maintain good knowledge and understanding of all office rules and procedures as set forth in the field office policy manual and other Company standard operating procedures
- Advanced degree in health related, public health, supply chain, or management-related discipline, or a bachelor’s degree in the same fields plus an additional five years of work experience beyond the required ten years below
- Minimum 10 years of experience in public health program management, pharmaceuticals and medical supplies, and/or supply chain management systems
- Demonstrated experience working to improve the capacity of sub-national level staff
- Demonstrated ability to manage and implement complex USAID public health programs or projects in Thailand and/or Laos preferred.
- Skilled in leading and managing high-performing teams
- Ability to work with cooperating partners in implementing complex programs
- Technical knowledge and experience in logistical management of health programs preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communications skills; proven diplomatic and public relations skills
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Fluency in written and spoken English required; fluency in Khmer preferred
- Must be a Thai national or resident with authorization to work in Thailand
Location of Assignment:
This long-term position will be based in Bangkok, Thailand, with occasional local, regional, and international travel as required, specifically to Laos.
Our client is an equal opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, age, or other legally protected characteristics.