The Global Health and Supply Chain Program-Procurement and Supply Management (GHSC-PSM) Cambodia Project seeks a project leader/country director to provide leadership and oversight to its six-person field office team based in Phnom Penh, Cambodia. The purpose of the GHSC-PSM project is to ensure uninterrupted supplies of health commodities in support of U.S. government-funded public health initiatives around the world. The project provides direct procurement and supply chain management support to the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief, the President’s Malaria Initiative, and Population and Reproductive Health. In supporting U.S. government-funded global health activities, PSM is managing a wide array of services for health commodity procurement and related systems strengthening technical assistance encompassing different elements of a comprehensive supply chain. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
In Cambodia, the GHSC-PSM project is supporting the government under two primary health areas or task orders (TOs). Under TO1 (HIV/AIDS) the project provides technical assistance to the Ministry of Health’s Logistics and Management Information System (LMIS) Strengthening Pilot Project as it develops a new LMIS for health commodities procured by the Global Fund. The project is also working with the Ministry of Health under TO2 (Malaria), coordinating with supply chain partners to strengthen supply chain management, including: forecasting, supply planning, procurement of health commodities, inventory management, and data reporting. Under TO2, the project also procures malaria health product commodities for distribution.
- Provide leadership and management oversight and assume primary responsibility for all technical activities as outlined in the project work plan to ensure their timely execution
- Coordinate with relevant stakeholders to assist in building the capacity and capability of national systems in supply chain management for malaria
- Work with the Ministry of Health, USAID, United Nations agencies, other international donors, and implementing partners to coordinate the LMIS Strengthening Pilot Project
- Work closely with the host government and malaria partners to provide technical expertise in quantification, procurement of health commodities, and malaria commodity data collection
- Maintain strong and positive working relationships with the Ministry of Health, USAID, and other donors/partners
- Work closely with the project manager and Chemonics’ home office to develop and implement annual work plans and deliverables that reflect the priorities of USAID, the Ministry of Health, and other stakeholders
- Supervise, mentor, and build the capacity of the in-country project team to develop and implement technical assistance and procurement plans that lead to the effective implementation of the project’s strategy and work plan; oversee international short-term technical assistance to ensure achievement of programmatic goals and activities
- Develop, update, and implement a performance monitoring plan that encompasses commodity security and logistics management indicators and includes project-wide performance measures
- Oversee regular data collection and reporting and lead quarterly reviews of performance analysis to identify issues and drive evidence-based interventions
- Report results of project work to USAID, the Ministry of Health, and other international donors
- Support the project staff in maintaining good knowledge and understanding of all office rules and procedures as set forth in the field office policy manual
- Advanced degree in health or management-related discipline
- Minimum of 15 years of experience in global health program management, pharmaceuticals and medical supplies, and/or supply chain management systems
- Demonstrated ability to manage and implement complex USAID public health programs or projects in a developing country context
- Experience working to improve the capacity of sub-national level staff
- Ability to create efficiencies and lead operational transformation in large, complex public health programs, preferably with experience in supply planning, logistics management information systems, medical procurement, or supply chain management
- Prior experience in a senior management position such as chief of party or deputy chief of party for a USAID-funded program desired
- Technical knowledge and experience in management of malaria and/or HIV/AIDS programs required
- Experience and working knowledge of IT solutions in supply chain a plus
- Experience working in countries moving towards malaria elimination preferred
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communications skills; proven diplomatic and public relations skills
- Professional work experience in Cambodia and/or surrounding region preferred
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Fluency in written and spoken English
Please send an email with your CV and cover letter attached and “Project Leader/Country Director” to CambodiaRecruit@ghsc-psm.org by Tuesday, September 17, 2019.
The protection of your personal data is important to Chemonics. If you are located in the EU, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process your personal data. For more information, please read the EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice here: https://chemonics.com/eu-recruiting-data-privacy-notice/
About the Organization
Owned entirely by employees, Chemonics is an ISO-9001 certified international development company. For more than 40 years, we have partnered with local and international organizations to promote social and economic change around the world.