EnCompass LLC is seeking a Project Manager II to lead the day-to-day management and administration of the USAID-funded Generate Results within Our Work (GROW) project. Through GROW, EnCompass LLC supports the USAID Center of Excellence on Democracy, Human Rights and Governance (DRG Center) to strengthen the capacity of its staff to lead high-quality learning events. The Project Manager II will provide management, administrative, and logistical support to all workstreams, including training events, outreach, convenings, virtual learning sessions, and leadership development. Successful candidates will demonstrate experience in managing complex projects with multiple, simultaneous activities, and have a positive attitude. The ideal candidate has experience or is passionate about democracy, human rights, governance, adult learning, learning technology, and leadership development. Experience with U.S. Government-funded projects is required.
The position is based at the EnCompass headquarters in Rockville, Maryland. The Project Manager II will be required to work from the client’s site in the Washington, D.C. metro area 1 to 2 days per week. This is a key personnel position and will require approval by the USAID Contracting Officer.
Position Duties and Responsibilities
Essential functions include:
- Lead administrative and operational support to project activities, such as training deliveries, virtual learning events, and large-scale convenings
- Support the development of materials for large convenings and technical documents
- Draft, edit, and format course materials, course descriptions, learning event documents and reports, as needed
- Maintain up-to-date participant lists, draft communications, send welcome letters, respond to questions, etc.
- Provide logistical support for training, virtual learning sessions, and convenings (scheduling rooms, purchasing supplies, setting up room, etc.)
- Lead preparation of weekly, quarterly, and annual reports for USAID in coordination with the Chief of Party, Project Coordinator, and team members
- Develop agenda and participate in weekly meetings with client(s)
- Manage consultant processes, including onboarding independent consultants, managing the consultant agreement and invoicing processes, ensuring biodata information is accurate and up-to-date, and maintaining documentation and consultant tracker
- Ensure contract deliverables are submitted on time, and meet project’s and EnCompass’ quality standards
- Manage project budget, including tracking expenditures versus obligation, and developing projections and pipelines
- Coordinate with EnCompass Contracts Manager to submit requests for contract modifications, etc.
- Review and assist in the preparation of consultant, sub-contract, and client invoices
- Maintain SharePoint files and organization, and Google Drive
- Lead team and project coordination and operations, including scheduling and preparing for team meetings, attending Project Management Team and Learning & Leadership Development Team meetings, taking notes, and other team processes
- Engage fully as a member of the EnCompass staff team, including participating in staff meetings and other EnCompass events, and providing administrative support to other team members as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- At a minimum, a Bachelor’s degree with at least 6 years of experience OR a Master’s degree with at least 4 years of experience
Experience and Skills
- Experience providing excellent management, administrative, and logistical support to project teams
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail
- Experience managing contracts and budgets that lead to successful delivery of services to client(s) on time and within allocated budget
- Ability to organize, manage, prioritize, and follow through on multiple tasks in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment
- Excellent verbal and written English language skills
- Previous event planning and management experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, particularly Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, and Google Suite
- Proven capacity to take initiative and willingness to learn new skills as needed
- Strong work ethic and the ability to work well independently and as part of a team
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and ability to interact with individuals at all levels
- Ability to work in an environment committed to appreciative, strengths-based approaches
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable, and work in a fast-paced environment as a team player
- Supervisory experience of at least 2 years preferred
- Experience managing the development of learning products, such as training curricula, virtual sessions, and e-learning modules preferred
- Experience with USAID is preferred, experience with U.S. Government-funded projects is required
How to Apply
Please submit CV and cover letter at https://encompassworld.com/careers-and-consulting/.
The employer will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified.
The incumbent must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle and prioritize multiple, competing tasks and demands and to seek supervisory assistance as appropriate.
About the Organization
EnCompass is a women-owned business offering innovative and customized solutions for leadership, capacity strengthening, technical assistance, and monitoring and evaluation. We have experience in more than 70 countries and a team of more than 100 staff and 1,200 experts around the globe.
We partner with government and multilateral agencies, nonprofit organizations, and corporations around the world, offering thought leadership, rich diversity, and technical expertise in global health, inclusive development, education, human rights, and food security.