Project Manager/ Project Associate, USAID Mexico projects
Project, Arlington, VA
MSI, a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, DC metro area international development firm with a 35-year history of delivering development results across the world. Our core expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation (M&E), institutional development, public sector management, governance and anti-corruption. MSI has implemented projects in 90 countries around the world such as Jordan, Kenya, Indonesia, Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Ukraine, Colombia, and Mexico. As one of the leading companies in our field, MSI has partnered with more than 80 organizations across all sectors of international development with clients ranging from large bilateral and multilateral donors such as USAID, the World Bank and the UNDP to national and local governments, NGOs, think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com .
MSI is recruiting a Project Associate/ Manager to support the home office project management team for our Mexico based portfolio.
The Project Manager will work with the project management team to support the management of all contractual,
financial and logistical aspects of the project. S/he will report to the Senior Project Manager.
- Coordinate contractual and financial matters for the project, including managing subcontractors.
- Manage project finances, approval requirements, track incoming costs, project future expenditures and preparation of financial reports.
- Participate in the recruitment, selection, and hiring of short-term technical consultants for evaluations, including participating in onboarding/debriefing.
- Work closely with MSI project team including the Technical Director and Senior Project Manager on reviewing and editing of contract deliverables including but not limited to evaluation reports, quarterly, and annual reports.
- Track and ensure on-time client deliverable requirements.
- Provide administrative and logistical support to the project team.
- Coordinate logistics, onboarding and travel for field project office employees and consultants.
- Support grants and subcontract management.
- Provide support in the review of field expense reports and backup documentation.
- File management and organization, including coordination with field office filing.
- Other backstopping tasks for a large overseas project, as required.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.
To apply: Please visit our website, www.msiworldwide.com
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 1- 3 years of work experience required. (title would be dependent on qualifications)
- Fluency in Spanish required. Familiarity with the Latin America region projects preferred.
- Ability to work in multi-cultural environments and build effective working relationships.
- Working proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel required.
- Ability to take initiative and to work in a team environment.
- Attention to detail and ability to prioritize in a multi-tasking environment.