Project Planning and Scheduling Specialist (Primavera P6) – Afghanistan
SHELADIA Associates is a multi-disciplinary international professional consulting firm with demonstrated experience in the successful management and implementation of development projects throughout the world. SHELADIA believes that practicality and sustainability in development projects require flexible resource management, active participation of all stakeholders, and a shared goal of strengthening institutions and operational systems to optimize the use of available resources.
SHELADIA is seeking a Project Planning and Scheduling Specialist (Primavera P6) with the below experience in Afghanistan;
The professional must have a B.Sc. in Civil Engineering and M.Sc. in Construction Management/ or Project Management preferable. The expert shall have a minimum of 7-years of professional experience in planning and scheduling of large construction projects especially large dams and water sector projects at a similar position is required. Must be fluent in English and proficient in Primavera software and excellent knowledge of providing schedules for large construction projects. Practical knowledge of Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) as related to planning and scheduling.
The specialist will cover the project planning as per the Consultant TOR. The specialist will:
Assess the project design, procurement, and construction schedule as per project requirement;
- Study the previously proposed schedule and update it if necessary;
- Prepare a detailed project resource loaded schedule in Primavera P6 in consultation with MEW/ADB;
- The schedule will highlight project key deliverables for the detailed design, POE meetings, prequalification of contractors, procurement, construction schedule for civil works, procurement of long-lead items, critical activities and deliverable, identify and estimate resources and agree with MEW for staff deployment on as need basis, and update that in close consultation with MEW/ASBA/ADB and contractors when required;
- The Consultant will highlight all bottlenecks to MEW/ADB in a timely manner to ensure the project resources are used in a timely and effective manner; and
- The Consultant will ensure the availability of a planning and scheduling Specialist with over 10 years in Primavera P6 in the design office and report the project progress weekly, fortnightly, and monthly to MEW/ADB.
How to Apply: Applications should include a CV and cover letter.
This position is open until filled. Please send CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Unfortunately, due to the large number of applications that we receive, we may not respond to each candidate. Please respect our no phone calls policy.
Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer
About the Organization
SHELADIA Associates, Inc. is an international provider of technical assistance, architectural & engineering services, as well as, construction supervision in sectors of transportation; architecture; energy; irrigation and water resources; agriculture; water supply; health and education; and capacity building for government agencies, communities, and other stakeholders.
SHELADIA’s work spans the continents of Africa, Asia, and the Americas. The firm has successfully implemented projects for US Government Agencies such as USAID, multi-lateral agencies (World Bank, ADB, African Development Bank), host governments, and private sector clients. The company is dedicated to crosscutting the areas of monitoring and evaluation, private sector participation, and social development, which have been a key element for many of our projects in all sectors.