The Kaizen Company is accepting applications from qualified individuals with expertise in identifying and helping execute Public Private Partnerships (PPPs). The position is for named personnel under the Millennium Challenge Corporation (MCC) Blanket Purchase Agreement Contract (BPA): Development and Implementation Support Services for Public Private Partnerships, Other Partnered Approaches and Access to Finance. Personnel named in the proposal will be called upon to provide serviced in regards to specific task orders to be issued by MCC under the BPA.
General Project Overview:
The project will provide support services for PPPs through six main tasks:
- Building Capacity for Identifying, Preparing, Assessing, and Executing PPPs: Build capacity of MCC and partner countries to be able to identify, prepare, develop, structure, tender, award, finance and implement PPP transactions
- Identifying, Screening, and Assessing PPPs: Identify projects with strong PPP potential; help MCC Co-create with partner countries preliminary concept notes/papers and project proposals for MCC funding; and establish budgets for subsequent project preparation, assessment, and execution
- Identifying, Screening, and Assessing Other Partnered Approaches: Work with MCC and partner countries to identify projects that might optimally be realized through other, more informal, rather than contractual, partnered approaches
- Technical support during PPP transaction design, execution, and post-closing activities: Work with MCC and partner countries to support later-stage transaction design, execution, and post-closing activities
- Expand Access to Finance: Work with MCC and partner countries to design and implement activities that can facilitate access to finance for SOEs, SIFs, and SNEs, SMEs, cooperatives, or similar
- Training: Provide training to MCC and its partner countries in subjects related to PPPs, other partnered approaches, and access to finance.
This project will require staff with expertise in areas related to PPPs, Infrastructure, Project Finance, Engineering (especially related to infrastructure), Public Finance, Law, Finance in Emerging Markets, and Business in Emerging Markets.
We are seeking experienced PPP Experts to provide services related to identifying, screening, and assessing PPPs, providing technical support during PPP transactions, and building the capacity of MCC and partner countries as it relates to PPPs.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in implementing PPP projects in developing countries (15 years is highly desirable)
- Must have an advanced degree in business, economics, engineering, law, or accountancy
- Fluent in English
- Knowledge of French and/or Spanish is desirable