Resident Engineer – Fiji
SHELADIA Associates is a multi-disciplinary international professional consulting firm with demonstrated experience in the successful management and implementation of development projects throughout the world. SHELADIA believes that practicality and sustainability in development projects require flexible resource management, active participation of all stakeholders, and a shared goal of strengthening institutions and operational systems, to optimize the use of available resources.
- SHELADIA is seeking a Resident Engineer with the below experience in Fiji;
- The RE shall preferably possess a degree in civil engineering or a closely related field. A diploma, or similar, with substantial relevant experience on projects of a similar type, size and complexity may substitute for a degree qualification.
- The RE shall preferably have at least 15 years progressively responsible experience in construction supervision of large-scale civil works;
- The RE shall preferably have fulfilled a similar role on at least two contracts of similar type, size, and complexity in the road transport infrastructure sector.
- The RE shall preferably have experience in implementing at least three large scale contracts using the FIDIC form of contract, at least two of which shall be either using the FIDIC 2010 Harmonized Edition used on this contract (FIDIC Pink Book) or the FIDIC Conditions of Contract for Construction for building and engineering works designed by the Employer – First Edition 1999 (FIDIC Red Book);
- Fluency in both written and spoken English is required; and
- The RE shall preferably have prior experience in undertaking the role in middle-income Pacific Island nations.
How to Apply: Applications should include a CV and cover letter.
This position is open until filled. Please send CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Unfortunately, due to the large number of applications that we receive, we may not be able to respond to each candidate. Please respect our no phone calls policy.
Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer
About the Organization
SHELADIA Associates, Inc. is an international provider of technical assistance, architectural & engineering services, as well as, construction supervision in sectors of transportation; architecture; energy; irrigation and water resources; agriculture; water supply; health and education; and capacity building for government agencies, communities, and other stakeholders.
SHELADIA’s work spans the continents of Africa, Asia, and the Americas. The firm has successfully implemented projects for US Government Agencies such as USAID, multi-lateral agencies (World Bank, ADB, African Development Bank), host governments, and private sector clients. The company is dedicated to crosscutting the areas of monitoring and evaluation, private sector participation, and social development, which have been a key element for many of our projects in all sectors.