The Security Manager will be responsible for the safety and security of SHARP staff and consultants based in Yemen.
This will be a full time position based in Aden, Yemen. The Security Manager will report to the Chief of Party.
- Serve as the primary security point of contact and coordinate closely with the security officer and home office as appropriate on all security related issues;
- Conduct site security assessment and ensure that infrastructure and security systems are active, and operational;
- Responsible for ensuring that the JSI Field Office Safety & Security Manual (FOSSM) is adhered to and up-to-date;
- Conduct trainings for staff including personal security, road movement procedures, information security, first aid, etc.;
- Prepare reports on security incidents SHARP staff, office and assets;
- Provide routine security updates to COP and SHARP staff;
- Oversee security and guard operations at staff offices;
- Monitor ongoing vehicle and transport activities utilizing strict journey management procedures and the SOP.
- Perform any other task as assigned by the supervisor.
- Bachelor’s degree and/or specialized certification in safety and security.
- 8-10 years’ experience overseeing safety and security programs, preferably with an international NGO.
- Demonstrated knowledge of safety codes.
- Experience in diplomatic security, protection, and intelligence is an asset.
- Strong leadership capabilities including organizational and problem solving skills;
- Excellent interpersonal skills to form effective working relationships at all levels;
- Excellent verbal and written English skills
- Willingness to travel as needed.
About the Organization
John Snow, Inc., and our nonprofit JSI Research & Training Institute, Inc., are public health management consulting and research organizations dedicated to improving the health of individuals and communities throughout the world. Our mission is to improve the health of underserved people and communities and to provide a place where people of passion and commitment can pursue this cause.