World Vision is hiring a Senior Business Development Manager to serve on the Food Security and Livelihoods Team.
At a Glance
Role: Senior Business Development Manager
Location: Washington, D.C. USA
Reports to: Director, Resource Development
Required Experience: 7 years international development experience including 4 years of business development experience.
Work Authorization: Must be authorized to work in the U.S.A. for any employer.
Travel: Up to 20% of time both in development and fragile contexts.
The Job: World Vision is looking for a Senior Business Development Manager to Provide day-to-day operational guidance and oversight on all aspects of positioning, bid management and capture planning for her/his assigned funding stream portfolio. Contribute to introducing and maintaining continuous process improvements that support innovative and responsive bid design, in alignment with WVUS’ acquisitions process. Coach and support the Food Security and Livelihoods sector’s Business Development Managers to lead large and complex proposal development processes involving technical content and complex consortium partnerships. Support the FSL Business Development Director and Senior Director to build and maintain relationships with donors, peer organizations, research institutions and the private sector. Help carry out World Vision’s mission, vision, and strategies. Personify the ministry of World Vision by witnessing to Christ and ministering to others through life, deed, word and sign.
Your Responsibilities Will Include:
Positioning for Proposals
- Support FSL BD Director to develop annual and quarterly forecast across all existing and potential public donors.
- Liaise with Funding Stream focal points, Senior Technical Advisors, relevant WVUS teams and other stakeholders to identify and analyze relevant upcoming funding opportunities.
- Support FSL BD Director in developing annual FSL Bid Strategy and targets.
- Work with FSL Business Development Managers and WV Field Offices to develop and execute capture plans to ensure World Vision is well-positioned for future funding opportunities.
- Grow and maintain strong relationships with assigned donors; including (in partnership with FSL senior technical advisors and program managers) regularly communicating project achievements, research
- Cultivating long-term strategic partnerships with private sector stakeholders and peer development agencies
Coaching and Capacity Building
- Mentor and support Business Development Managers to lead successful proposal development processes through one-on-one mentorship and capacity building in:
- Positioning & capture planning
- Consortium management
- Proposal process leadership
- Strategic program design and win theme analysis
- Provide technical input and review of proposals to ensure quality submissions
- Manage her/his assigned FSL business development portfolio in coordination with Business Development Director to ensure revenue targets and other targets related to relevant FSL team strategies are achieved.
- Provide regular updates and analysis to Business Development Director on FSL Business Development team portfolio performance.
Process Development & Improvement
- Support the FSL Business Development Director in the development/adaptation of business development processes and tools relevant for the FSL team.
- Through on-going coaching, ensure team and key stakeholders are adhering to processes and utilizing tools.
Strategy & Technical Branding
- Provide annual updates to her/his assigned funding stream strategy; lead effort to socialize strategy with field offices and WVUS key stakeholders
- Support the Business Development Director in the design, roll-out and execution of relevant FSL strategies and workplans.
- Remain up-to-date of industry trends and best practice and provide support and analysis to the Senior Director and Business Development Director in the FSL team’s revenue and thought leadership targets.
- Where requested, act as a representative of the FSL team and World Vision to forward the FSL technical brand.
- Build and maintain sustainable business relationships both internally with other business units and leaders, as well as externally with donors, multi-laterals, academic institutions and peer organizations
You Bring These Skills:
- Ability to lead a multi-cultural team of development professionals through complex proposal processes
- Analytical skills
- Organizational and task management skills
- Ability to develop strong consortia partnerships
- Emotional intelligence
- Deep understanding of USG donors and their priorities related to food security and livelihoods
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Strong writing skills
Education and Experience:
Master’s degree in international development or related field and 7yrs international development experience (preferred) or bachelor’s degree in international development or related field and 12yrs experience in international development.
Additional Skills We Are Interested In:
Fluency in a second language other than English.
Specific experience leading Development Food Security Activities (DFSA).