The objective of this five-year contract is to holistically assist MEL and collaborating, learning, and adapting (CLA) over the implementation of the Local Works Program. This will notably include developing a Local Works Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning Plan (MELP) and reporting results over the course of program implementation. The MELP will include monitoring progress towards self-reliance and activities’ performance; assessing the validity of programmatic assumptions and changes in the operating environment; evaluating performance and impact; and learning and adapting based on evidence.
SI is seeking a Senior Evaluation and MEL Capacity Building Specialist to support and conduct evaluation tasks and capacity-building efforts for the activity. The expected period of performance is five (5) years from the date of contract award with the work to be performed in North Macedonia.
- Participate in evaluations and assessments throughout the life of the contract
- Serve as an evaluation team leader on many evaluations and contribute to the design and field testing of evaluation methodology
- Develop and manage participatory data collection methods and protocols, data verification, and other technical and analysis tasks conducted under this contract.
- Responsible for the design, quality, development, and completion of assessments and analytical reports.
- Recruit part-time consultants and experts as needed.
- At least five years of professional experience working on and managing evaluation teams with a degree in development studies, economics, knowledge management, or related field.
- Experience conducting data collection, analysis, evaluation, or research
- Technical expertise in the design and implementation of evaluations both (performance and impact evaluations) of development interventions.
- Experience in design and field testing of surveys, questionnaires, and/or other data collection instruments.
- Previous experience serving as an evaluation team leader is highly desirable.
- Experience and eagerness to build capacity and train staff in MEL and CLA skills;
- Excellent teamwork, interpersonal, communication, presentation, and facilitation skills;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English;
- Proficiency in local languages (Macedonian, Serbian/Serbo-Croatian, and Albanian).
About the Organization
Social Impact (SI) is a Washington, DC-area international development management consulting firm. We provide services globally in the areas of monitoring and evaluation, strategic planning, project and program design, organizational capacity building, and gender and social analysis. SI services cross-cut all development sectors including democracy and governance, health and education, the environment, and economic growth. SI’s clients include US government agencies such as USAID, the Millennium Challenge Corporation, the US Department of State, bilateral donors, multilateral development banks, foundations, and non-profits.