Senior Finance Specialist, Youth Workforce Development, Honduras
ACDI/VOCA is seeking a Senior Finance Specialist for an anticipated Youth Workforce Development program in Honduras funded by USAID. The Senior Finance Specialist will ensure full financial and contractual compliance of the all activities with USAID regulations. Working with Contractor’s internal auditing system and Financial Comptroller, the Senior Finance Specialist will establish internal control systems as well as accounting and financial reporting protocols for local subcontractors. S/He will supervise activity financial staff and program budget matters, managing accounting and disbursement needs, verifying that procurements comply with USAID and Contractor’s financial guidelines, overseeing the training of staff and partner NGOs in financial systems, ensuring adherence to management policies, and assuring timely financial reporting to USAID. The position is based in Tegucigalpa, Honduras and is anticipated to start in 2020.
- Serve as the senior finance resource for the activity, while providing close oversight of the activity’s financial position at all times
- Oversee the preparation of monthly quarterly budgets and conduct variance analyses during these same periods
- Develop and monitor all financial and accounting systems, policies, procedures and internal controls, and adapt them as necessary to meet changing regulations and best practices
- Lead annual budgeting process and review financial plans and budgets, monitoring progress and changes and keeping management abreast with the financial status
- Provide administrative leadership for the project and serve as a functional expert in procurement operations which includes but not limited to forecasting, planning, making tenders, ensuring proper evaluation and selection of vendors and products
- Periodically assess the efficiency and effectiveness of finance and administration procedures in relation to the delivery of technical activities on time and at optimum cost
- Periodically review the adequacy of internal controls and identify financial and operational risks
- Ensure compliance with ACDI/VOCA and USAID policies and procedures relating to finance and administration
- Coordinate any financial, operational audit, or compliance reviews conducted by ACDI/VOCA HQ, USAID, and external auditors
- Lead the preparation and execution of action plans to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of finance and administrative operations, and mitigate operational and compliance risks
- Implement recommendations arising from any internal or external audit or compliance review
- A master’s degree in Business, Public Administration, Accounting or Financial Management, or related field.
- At least 8 years of experience in financial management of development activities with increasing levels of responsibility. Membership in a professional body such as those for Certified Public Accountants preferred.
- Demonstrated experience working in the education or workforce development sector in Latin America, particularly in Honduras.
- Fluency in written and spoken Spanish, English preferred.
Honduran nationals are strongly encouraged to apply.
Please apply online at www.acdivoca.org/international-jobs or email your CV to email@example.com. The applications will be reviewed promptly upon receipt, only finalists will be contacted. ACDI/VOCA is an equal opportunity employer. Women, minorities and people from diverse groups are encouraged to apply.
About the Organization
Since 1963 and in 148 countries, ACDI/VOCA has empowered people in developing and transitional nations to succeed in the global economy. Based in Washington, D.C., ACDI/VOCA is a nonprofit international development organization that designs and delivers technical and management solutions in agriculture, economic growth, and resilience to promote economic prosperity and social inclusion.