* Handle field employee relations matters.
* Lead investigations related to international HR matters.
* Counsel and coach employees at all levels of the organization on issues related to performance management, legal compliance, progressive discipline, and conflict resolution, among others.
* Develop, maintain and advise on HR policies and procedures for international workforce including Expatriates, Third County Nationals and Host Country Nationals.
* Support and ensure the maintenance of Host Country Employee Manuals and benefit plans and update as needed.
* Support HR needs for field office start up, maintenance and closeout
* Serve as an expert advisor to international program operations, business development and pricing teams on the administration and management of expatriate /TCN allowance packages to ensure compliance with applicable donor regulations and internal policies.
* Manage workforce planning for all expatriate/TCN staff by: providing guidance/alignment on position descriptions, preparing and issuing offer letters and Schedules of Allowances (SOAs), preparing housing surveys, conducting on boarding and orientation, monitoring changes to Department of State Standardized Regulations (DSSR) and updating SOAs as necessary, preparing and submitting personnel action forms, conducting off boarding and exit interviews.
* Maintain in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance. Partner with the legal department on an ongoing basis.
* Work with Senior HR Program Manager on international position salary determinations, benefits and allowance packages.
* Lead the monthly HR Global Community of Practice to continually improve HR practices, provide updates to tools and resources for the field, encourage active participation, design initiatives , build leadership capacity and enhance HR practitioner development.
* Proactively support managers and senior leaders in all international/field HR matters including employee relations matters and provide leadership and support in a timely manner to resolve those matters.
* Follow up on field performance planning and management, provide feedback and spaces for dialogue on results.
* Proactively promote a workplace culture of cross-cultural communication, including actively seeking out new perspectives and ideas, contributing to the cultural diversity of the workplace.
* Support implementation and rollout of the human resource portions of an as yet to be determined Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system.
* Exceptional business and leadership skills with strong customer service focus.
* In-depth understanding of and experience in working with USAID and other USG and non-USG HR rules and regulations and knowledge of USAID RFA and RFP proposal processes and other donors.
* Understanding of Department of State Standardized Regulations (DSSR), USAID Acquisition Regulation (AIDAR), Acquisition and Assistance Policy Directives (AAPD), and Foreign Affairs Manual and Hand Book (FAM and FAH).
* Strong relationship-building, consultative and influencing skills; and exceptional interpersonal skills to interact with diplomacy and tact to all levels of staff and follow-up on requests in a timely and efficient manner.
* High degree of judgment and discretion, adaptability, and strong problem-solving skills.
* Position requires the ability and willingness to travel internationally up to 20% of time.
* Demonstrated ability to perform detail-oriented work with a high level of accuracy.
* Excellent written and verbal skills required.
* Working knowledge of relevant software, including Microsoft Office Suite and SharePoint experience.
* Fluency in English, written and oral. Abilities in a second language preferred.
* US work authorization required.
* Experience implementing or using an ERP in an international setting at the field and HQ level is a plus.
* A Master’s degree and a minimum of 5 years of International HR management experience or a Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 8 years of International HR Management experience.
* Experience must include working in an International HR capacity for a USG implementing partner.
* Must have international-focused experience in employee relations, policy and procedures, compensation and benefits.
* Equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Must have U.S. work authorization.
Global Communities is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. EOE/AA - Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individual with Disabilities.
About the Organization
Global Communities is an international development non-profit organization. Our mission is to create long-lasting, positive and community-led change that improves the lives and livelihoods of vulnerable people across the globe.
The Senior International HR Manager functions as a subject matter expert in International Human Resources management within the organization. S/he provides support and advisory services in all matters relating to the organization's international field operations and workforce, including Expatriates, Third Country Nationals (TCNs) and Host Country Nationals (HCNs); and serves as the primary HR point of contact for country offices.
The Senior International HR Manager is responsible for defining and disseminating international HR policy and procedures in compliance with relevant donor regulations. The Manager will also support Field Office leadership to ensure that staff based at Global Communities field office locations comply with international labor codes, and employment and benefit laws, as and where relevant. In addition, the Manager will work to strengthen the HR management capacity of local HR practitioners and host country nationals (HCNs).