Job Title/Grade: Senior Learning and Development Specialist (8)
Associate Learning and Development Manager (9)
Department: Learning and Development, Office of Human Resources
Reports to: Director, Learning and Development
Date: July 21, 2020
Function of the Position:
Based in any DAI hub location, the Learning and Development (L&D) team is responsible for the implementation of the global corporate learning strategy, analysis, design, development and evaluation of training, and identification for improvements in the development of a highly skilled workforce. This is a professional position within the Learning and Development team. The incumbent partners closely with the Director, employing all phases of the standard ADDIE instructional design model to design, develop and implement learning solutions as assigned (e-learning courses, PowerPoint shows, printable job aids, etc.). S/he will manage programs and processes within L&D and will manage and facilitate training as required.
The Specialist/Manager will partner with subject matter experts across the company to identify performance gaps and provide expert counsel in the most effective learning solution/s. She/he will be expected to directly lead the analysis, design/development and delivery of a variety of learning initiatives that may include instructor-led, virtual instructor-led or e-learning methods.
The incumbent will oversee the management of the learning management system, support the Professional Development benefit process, and will be the lead for DAI’s performance feedback system and annual review cycle. He/she will also partner with the Director of Training on designing and implementing DAI’s leadership learning programs.
Roles and Responsibilities:
eLearning & Independent Learning
- Manages the entire instructional design process for assigned e-learning projects.
- Conducts needs analyses, supports development of e-learning courses, using Articulate or Adobe Captivate.
- Develops and maintains job aids and other learning tools to support the learning management system, the performance feedback system, New Employee Orientation (NEO) & other learning initiatives.
LMS & Performance Feedback
- Manages all ongoing aspects of the central training function including scheduling, reporting and updating current training courses.
- Manages and tracks the development of training and revises current training to continuously improve learning and development experiences by integrating new methods, approaches and content.
- Develops and implements metrics and monitoring plan to demonstrate the impact training has on improving performance.
- Oversees system administration tasks for DAI’s learning management and performance management systems including tasks related to e-learning and instructor-led courses, performance reviews, resolving system issues, performing regular maintenance, designing reports, and more.
Learning Consulting, Design & Delivery
- Partners with the L&D Director on the design, implementation and evaluation of DAI’s Leadership and Professional Skills Development learning programs and other performance improvement initiatives that meet organizational needs across all business units and geographies.
- Evaluates NEO design and processes and revises design and/or format, as needed, to ensure the program’s continued success.
- With the Director, Learning and Development, consults with senior leaders across our global workforce to define annual learning and development priorities and performance gaps.
- With the Director, helps identify internal resources to facilitate training. Facilitates/co-facilitates company-wide learning strategies that address individual business unit needs related to strengthening the development and retention of top talent and helping to build our pipeline of future leaders.
- Coordinates with our global learning partners to conduct the research and development on, and manages the maintenance of, all L&D SharePoint pages.
- Stays current with industry trends in leadership, managerial, and professional development learning programs that encompass integrating new modalities such as social learning, mobile delivery and other learning methods.
Additional responsibilities as deemed necessary.
- Grade 8: Bachelor’s degree and 5 years of corporate training, teaching, adult education, or other relevant experience; or, a master’s degree and 3 years of corporate training, teaching, adult education, or other relevant experience.
- Grade 9: Bachelor’s degree and 7 years of corporate training, teaching, adult education, or other relevant experience; or, a master’s degree and 5 years of corporate training, teaching, adult education, or other relevant experience.
- Experienced in adult learning principles and contemporary learning theory and practices, including needs analysis, instructional design models such as ADDIE, interactive learning technology, training impact evaluation, and overall performance improvement practices.
- Skilled at working across functions and stakeholders to define needs, leverage resources, implement plans and gain commitment to action.
- Drive for results orientation with proven experience in managing multiple tasks and staying flexible in a dynamic and changing environment with competing priorities.
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills, with ability to identify and improve processes, exercise mature judgment and to work independently.
- Functional management experience and ability to define and concisely communicate recommendations to senior leaders.
- Exceptional communication skills (written and verbal); able to coordinate and facilitate communication among diverse groups of stakeholders, write clear concise reports that detail results and build commitment and support for program activities, develop marketing communications and materials to build excitement and interest.
- Professional presentation and facilitation skills especially at the manager and leadership levels.
- Proficiency with developing interactive e-learning through use of learning authoring programs, such as Articulate or Adobe Captivate.
- Prior experience with system administration tasks in a major learning management system.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
Strongly Preferred Qualifications
- Prior experience designing and facilitating “soft skills” or professional/leadership development classes.
- Prior experience integrating multiple learning modalities including webinars, mobile learning and mentoring.
- Prior experience managing performance management cycles and systems.
- Prior leadership experience.
- Certification as CPLP from ATD (Association for Talent Development) or equivalent is preferred.
Supervisory Requirements: None
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.
About the Organization
DAI is an international development companywith corporate offices in the United States, the United Kingdom, Belgium, and Nigeria, and project operations worldwide. We tackle fundamental social and economic development problems caused by inefficient markets, ineffective governance, and instability. Named one of the world’s top 40 international development innovators, DAI has delivered transformational development results in more than 150 countries for clients including development agencies, international lending institutions, private corporations and philanthropies, and national governments.