SI is responding to a Task Order under the Asia Learning and Monitoring and Evaluation (ALME) contract to conduct a midterm evaluation of the $8.4M USAID/Timor Leste Reinforce Activity. Reinforce began in 2015, and aims to build the capacity of the Ministry of Health (MOH) at the national and municipal levels to deliver high-quality and high-impact services in maternal and neonatal child health (MNCH) and family planning (FP). The project is targeting the municipality of Covalima to make it a model of health services delivery to be used across Timor-Leste.
The period of performance is expected to be end of September 2019 to April 2020, with in-country field work in Timor-Leste expected in January 2020.
SI is seeking a Senior-Level Local Public Health Evaluation Specialist to serve as a team member in this evaluation effort. This Specialist will assist in developing the design of the evaluation tools, leading data collection activities, and conducting analysis.
- Conduct interviews, surveys, site visits, document review and focus groups.
- Support the design of the data collection methodology and instruments, following USAID evaluation policy guidelines, and responding to other technical guidance provided by SI.
- Provide technical expertise and lead efforts in evaluation design, methodology and data collection instruments.
- Perform an in-depth assessment of the program’s evaluation and information needs, systems, and processes.
- Analyze the data and assist in the drafting of the final report.
- Assist evaluation team in the presentation of findings in the Final Report.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline with at least fifteen years of relevant experience supporting evaluations or providing technical assistance on health programs in Timor-Leste.
- Knowledge and understanding of family planning and maternal child health issues in Timor-Leste.
- Demonstrated experience in qualitative and quantitative data collection methods, analysis, and reporting.
- Prior experience working on health systems strengthening, capacity building and institutional strengthening preferred.
- Minimum of five years of experience with Timor-Leste Ministry of Health preferred.
- Ability to work collaboratively and collegially with teams of varying skills in a cross-cultural environment.
- Fluency in English and Tetum is required.
- Strong preference for people residing in Asia/Pacific region.
Come join our energetic and innovative team! We offer you the opportunity to play a leading role in the growth of our company, work as part of a creative and committed team, and make a difference in the well-being of our world.
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.
Link to posting: https://chp.tbe.taleo.net/chp02/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=SOCIIMPA2&cws=1&rid=2804
About the Organization
Social Impact is a global development management consulting firm. We provide monitoring, evaluation, strategic planning, and capacity building services to advance development effectiveness. We work across all development sectors including democracy and governance, health and education, the environment, and economic growth. Since 1997 we have worked in over 100 countries for clients such as US government agencies, bilateral donors, multilateral development banks, foundations, and nonprofits.