EnCompass seeks Senior Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist candidates for an anticipated five-year United States Agency for International Development (USAID) Monitoring and Evaluation Program for Lebanon (MEPL), support activity in Lebanon. The purpose of this Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) activity is to supplement the monitoring and program management efforts of USAID/Lebanon staff; and to verify, monitor and support USAID program performance in Lebanon.
This individual will oversee, recruit for, and participate in evaluations and assessments throughout the life of the Activity. S/he will ensure that short-term technical experts and evaluation team members are of a high caliber and possess commensurate technical expertise. It is expected that the Senior M&E Specialist will also serve as evaluation team leader for most evaluations conducted under this Activity. S/he will also contribute substantially to the design and field testing of the evaluation methodology, participatory data collection methods and protocols, data verification techniques, and other technical evaluation and analytical tasks. S/he will also be responsible for the design, quality, development and completion of all assessments, analytical reports, and evaluations.
The position will be full-time and be based in Beirut with travel throughout the country.
Position Duties and Responsibilities
The Senior Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist will support the Activity, leading and managing the technical work related to performance monitoring and evaluation.
Essential functions include:
- Lead the technical design, data analysis, and report writing aspects in relation to the monitoring of activities and processes
- Lead/oversee the review of the USAID Performance Management Plan (PMP) and provide technical support for implementing partners on the development of their activity MEL plans, and support such technical work as reviewing reporting methods, carrying out training needs, designing reporting tools and advising USAID/Lebanon technical teams on their M&E work
- Oversee, recruit for, and participate in evaluations and assessments throughout the life of the contract
- Responsible for managing, training and mentoring field monitors and the design of monitoring tools and methodology
- May serve as the evaluation team leader of select evaluations
- Responsible for the design, quality, development and completion of all assessments, analytical reports and evaluations
- Contribute substantially to the design and field testing of the evaluation methodology, participatory data collection methods and protocols, data verification techniques, and other technical evaluation and analytical tasks
- Ensure that all activities are undertaken in full compliance with EnCompass’ standard operating procedures, USAID policies and regulations, and national policies and laws
- Promote sustainability of project activities with effective networking, linkages to other programs, capacity building of project staff, and institutional strengthening in support of the journey to self-reliance
- Engage fully as a member of the EnCompass staff team, including participating in staff meetings and other EnCompass events
- Ensure optimal use of human, financial, and physical resources to successfully meet project milestones, objectives, deliverables and targets
- Other duties as assigned
- A minimum of six (6) years of progressive experience in similar positions is required
- An advanced university degree in international relations, economics, statistics, public policy, research methods, program assessment, evaluation/measurement or another relevant field
- Demonstrated senior experience in program performance monitoring and design and implementation of evaluations both (performance and impact evaluations) of development interventions
- Excellent communication, both verbal and written English skills, Arabic desirable
Experience and Skills
- Demonstrated senior experience in design and field testing of surveys, questionnaires, and/or other data collection instruments
- Demonstrated experience in statistical analysis, experimental design and/or data collection analysis, indicator development, data quality assessments
- Demonstrated experience in non-permissive, conflict-prone or post-conflict reconstruction environments is required
- Strong interpersonal and oral communications and presentation skills are required
- Working knowledge of and experience with USG-funded program management, policies, regulations and procedures
- Strong familiarity with USAID PMP and CLA practices, M&E design and principles
- Familiarity with USAID/Lebanon is preferred
- Ability to travel within Lebanon, as necessary
About the Organization
EnCompass is a women-owned business offering innovative and customized solutions for leadership, capacity strengthening, technical assistance, and monitoring and evaluation. We have experience in more than 70 countries and a team of more than 100 staff and 1,200 experts around the globe.
We partner with government and multilateral agencies, nonprofit organizations, and corporations around the world, offering thought leadership, rich diversity, and technical expertise in global health, inclusive development, education, human rights, and food security.