We are International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc. (IBTCI), a global consulting firm working some of the most complex and impactful development problems worldwide. We work on programs that help government agencies, private companies and donors improve the lives of others. At IBTCI you will be part of an inclusive team that provides expert solutions and advice to understand and address critical problems while giving you opportunities to succeed and grow.
Job Title: Senior Monitoring Specialist
Department/Location: Bogota, Colombia
Reports To: Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP)
Type: Regular Full-Time
Classification: This is an exempt-level position and is not eligible for overtime
IBTCI is seeking a Monitoring Specialist for an upcoming USAID Bureau of Humanitarian Affairs (BHA), formerly OFDA/FFP, third-party monitoring (TPM) and verification contract based in Bogota, Colombia for a regional project monitoring humanitarian assistance. The purpose of this contract is to verify and provide independent confirmation of humanitarian aid programs in the region.
*This position is contingent upon award*
Essential Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the design of the monitoring plan, data collection tools and other required deliverables.
- Provide supervisory duties and oversight of program technical (M&E) team.
- Conduct quality control and review for all M&E related products.
- Initiate and supervise overall data and detailed thread analysis under the overall supervision of the DCOP and under overall guidance of the Chief of Party (COP).
- Lead overall formulation and calculation of the Outcome Monitoring Indicators (OMI) and Outcome Verification Indicators (OVI) in all targeted sites.
- Lead BHA Implementing Partner (IP) onboarding into the M&E system, including holding introductory meetings with IPs and preparation of IP award summaries and activity databases.
- In coordination with the Knowledge and Information Management team, ensure all raw site visit data and associated implementing partner documentation is appropriately and systematically filed electronically on shared filing systems.
- Partner with the DCOP to design Site Visit Tools and Protocols, Monitoring Plan and Monitoring Schedule, and other annual project deliverables.
- Collaborate with the DCOP to sample and select sites.
- In coordination with the DCOP and Learning Specialist, develop and deliver field monitor training and capacity building.
- Contribute to the development of content for external workshops, final presentations, IP workshops and external trainings.
- Provide overall technical direction to the team on monitoring methodology and data analysis.
- Other duties as assigned.
- At least 10 years of experience in Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) of international development and humanitarian projects, including experience with qualitative and quantitative data analysis and successful report writing, research, and publications.
- Experience with USAID project funding, sub-contracting and reporting requirements.
- Demonstrated experience managing third-party monitoring projects, M&E support projects, or large-scale evaluations, especially in the field of humanitarian assistance.
- Proven experience managing the quality and consistency of a team of writers or researchers.
- Oral and written fluency in Spanish required.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in International Affairs, Social Science, or related field required. Master’s degree preferred.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated working knowledge of monitoring principles.
- Demonstrated experience assigning, coordinating and managing tasks for a team of writers or researchers.
- Must be detail-orientated and able to meet assigned deadlines in a timely manner.
- Previous experience implementing a USAID BHA (OFDA/FFP)-funded program is desirable.
Working Environment: Work is typically performed in an office environment.
Physical Requirements: This is largely a sedentary position that requires the ability to speak, hear, see, and lift small objects up to 20 lbs.
Supervisory Responsibility: This position does have supervisory responsibilities.
Travel: International travel may be required and may include travel to fragile and/or conflict-prone zones.
About the Organization:
IBTCI has been in business since 1987. We specialize in Monitoring, Evaluation, Research & Learning (MERL), Institutional Support (IS), Financial & Risk Management (FRM), Supply Chain Management & Procurement (SCMP); Social & Behavior Change (SBC) and Capacity Building. We provide these services across many sectors including, but not limited to, agriculture, resilience & food security, conflict & crisis, democracy & governance, economic growth & trade, education, energy & Infrastructure, environment & climate change, global health & WASH and humanitarian and disaster assistance. At IBTCI, our colleagues are encouraged to collaborate and be part of the solution while getting the tools and guidance needed to grow and support our clients’ missions.
IBTCI is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identification, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, national origin, disabled veteran or Vietnam-era veteran, or any other classification protected by applicable anti-discrimination laws. We prohibit and do not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
If you are an applicant with a disability that requires a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process or are limited in the ability, or unable to use the online application system and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact the Talent Acquisition team at TalentAcquisition@ibtci.com. (Do not send your resume to this account, for consideration please apply in our career page).