Senior Program Advisor for Evaluation, USAID/Bangladesh Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning Activity (MELA), Bangladesh
Social Impact is a global development management consulting firm. We provide monitoring, evaluation, strategic planning, and capacity building services to advance development effectiveness. We work across all development sectors including democracy and governance, health and education, the environment, and economic growth. Since 1997 we have worked in over 100 countries for clients such as US government agencies, bilateral donors, multilateral development banks, foundations, and nonprofits.
The primary objective of the Bangladesh MELA is to provide monitoring, evaluation and learning support services/assistance, and build the capacity of USAID/Bangladesh staff, implementing partners and the Government of Bangladesh (GOB). By pursuing this, USAID/Bangladesh will gradually become a learning, adaptive organization that is responsive to effective development. This five-year activity will provide comprehensive monitoring and evaluation (M&E) support services, further strengthening the implementation of USAID/Bangladesh’s development strategy.
SI is seeking a full-time Senior program advisor for evaluation to propose to our team and lead evaluation activities for USAID/Bangladesh.
- Responsible for overall management and functioning of all evaluation and special study activities and staff engaged in such activities.
- Oversee all aspects of evaluation and special study activities, such as planning and budgeting for each assigned activity.
- Identify appropriate staffing levels, secure appropriate qualified staff, and provide relevant technical guidance.
- Lead consultations with relevant USAID/Bangladesh staff and implementing partners.
- Identify and execute appropriate agreed upon methodology, field work, research, reporting and deliverables.
- Graduate degree in research methods, social science, development or a related field required.
- Minimum of 12 years of experience in monitoring and evaluation of international development projects, preferably in developing countries; project management; research methods; and project design required.
- Must have five years of supervisory experience.
- Must have working experience in South Asia, preferably Bangladesh.
- Demonstrated experience in conducting project and program evaluations, surveys, assessments, and data analysis, as well as conducting and managing impact evaluations.
- Must have knowledge of international best practices on project design, implementation, evaluation and learning as well as excellent interpersonal, writing and presentation skills. Experience leading the design, implementation, analysis and reporting for an impact evaluation is preferred.
- Possess evidence of advanced evaluation design and advanced statistical analysis including multi-level modeling, propensity score matching, conducting power analysis for clustered evaluations, and fluency with a statistical software package.
- Demonstrated experience in conducting randomized controlled trials and quasi-experimental designs.
- Demonstrated the capacity to manage activities in a multi-cultural environment and to provide consulting services by helping clients analyze problems, devise and adopt solutions.
- Experience working in USG M&E projects is desired.
Come join our energetic and innovative team! We offer you the opportunity to play a leading role in the growth of our company, work as part of a creative and committed team, and make a difference in the well-being of our world.
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.