The Senior Program Assistant is an important member of the Program Management Unit (PMU) team, providing support to the firm’s extensive Field Office (FO) network. This position will support the PMU team in supporting a variety of SI’s FOs and programs with clients such as USAID. The PMU Senior PA will work in close collaboration with Program Managers and will report to a PMU Program Director (PD). Minimal to no travel is anticipated for this position.
Field Office and Contract Management
- Act as point of contact for all project administrative and logistical support for FO staff, HQ staff, and consultants, including travel mobilization, consultant onboarding, recruitment, financial tracking and reconciliation, and report copyediting.
- Support the tracking and execution of all client deliverables.
- Backstop the Program Manager and Program Director as needed.
- Contribute to the review and processing of field office expense reports and monthly cash advance requests.
- Ensure FO technical needs are met by facilitating internal and external technical support.
- Under supervision of the PM and PD, ensure FO compliance with all HQ and client policies and procedures for contractual and financial management.
- Act as liaison between FOs and HQ departments, facilitating communication and collaboration, and scheduling meetings and training events as necessary.
- Under supervision of the PM, support FO and project startup/closeout procedures, including financial, contractual, operational, and personnel-related tasks.
PMU Operations and Development
- Design and update informational one-pagers, outlines of SI’s standard operating procedures, and templates.
- Contribute to continual learning and improvement of FO program management processes and developing best practices.
- Ensure that project information is stored in an orderly and consistent manner.
- Bachelor’s degree in international development or related social science (required).
- Minimum of 1 year of work experience, experience in international development preferred.
- Desk Review experience (preferred).
- Work or study experience overseas (preferred).
- Proactive, self-starting, and detail-oriented.
- Strong willingness to work in a multi-cultural environment.
- Deadline-oriented; ability to follow through on multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Working knowledge of PC-based word processing, Excel, and PowerPoint applications.
- Must be willing to learn SI’s program management, accounting, and travel applications.
- Proficiency in a French or Spanish is preferred, but not required.
Come join our energetic and innovative team! We offer you the opportunity to play a leading role in the growth of our company, work as part of a creative and committed team, and make a difference in the well-being of our world.
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.
About the Organization
Social Impact (SI) is a global development management consulting firm. We provide monitoring, evaluation, strategic planning, and capacity building services to advance development effectiveness. We work across all development sectors including democracy and governance, health and education, the environment, and economic growth. Since 1997 we have worked in over 100 countries for clients such as US government agencies, bilateral donors, multilateral development banks, foundations, and nonprofits.